What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Tequilla Sunrise by Cypress Hill
...lemon and salt
- 9. California Love by 2pac & Dr.Dre
- 8. Detsl by Vecherinka
Russian niggaz really kikcs!
- 7. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
cool cool baby
- 6. Outside by Staind
- 5. Crawling by Linkin Park
Their greatest song. But the rest of them are cool too.
- 4. Last Resort by Papa Roach
You have to listen to this song.
- 3. Faith by Limp Bizkit
this remix is really cool
- 2. No Sex by Limp Bizkit
Not commercial song but undoubtly the best one from Significant Other
- 1. Hail Mary by Makaveli (2pac)
I could listen to this all day long.
- 10. Unforgiven by Metallica
- 9. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Black by Pearl Jam
- 6. One by Metallica
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Tonight Tonight by Smsahing Pumpkins
- 2. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
11 would be i alone by live i only listen to rock, so thats all i put and the best song ever is voodoo child (slight return) by jimi hendrix
- 10. Sublime by What I Got
- 9. Green Day by Longview
- 8. Rage Agaisnt The Machine by People Of The Sun
- 7. Fuel by Bittersweet
- 6. Live by I Alone
- 5. Dave Matthews Band by Crush
- 4. Goo Goo Dolls by Iris
this song is permanently in your blood after you've listened to it once
- 3. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
- 2. Dave Matthews Band by Ants Marching
- 1. April 29, 1992 by Sublime
the best lyrics of any song ever written. about the rodney king riots
this is my second list, because my musicical preferneces chagned drastically over the course of the 90s
- 10. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Great song from the best band of the 90's.
- 9. What I Got by Sublime
- 8. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
I don't particularly like the band or the song, but no one can deny it's popularity.
- 7. Killing In The Name by Rage Against the Machine
It reminded people that there are still some bands out there who care about the government and are still pissed off.
- 6. Freak On A Leash by Korn
This song really gained Korn a lot of popularity, allowing other death-metal/rap-core bands to get to the mainstream.
- 5. The Dope Show by Marilyn Manson
Although it didn't gain too much popularity, it was the greatest hit for someone who was very revolutionary.
- 4. Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
The last great song this world may ever see.
- 3. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
The only good band of the mid-90's.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Great story, great video, great music, great song.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song started it all in the 90's and it was the best one in them.
I agree that music in the late 90's sucked. When Kurt Cobain died, good music went with him. There are a few bands that tried to hang in there, but not many.
By: Nate Dizzo
- 10. Karma Police by Radiohead
kick ass tune
- 9. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The dawn of a new age.
- 8. One by Metallica
The guitar stylings of Metallica are untouchable.
- 7. Blind by KoRn
The hardest and livest band of the decade.
- 6. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
Coupled with Nirvan's success marked the beginning of the grunge era.
- 5. Nothin' but a G Thang by Dr. Dre
As much as I hate to pay homage to rap, this song started the thuggish ruggish trend that many acts of today are based on.
- 4. Gigantic by The Pixies
The little known Pixies deserve credit for starting the entire alternative genre of music.
- 3. Last Dance With Mary Jane by Tom Petty
Petty is often forgotten by today's generation, but still remains one of the most influential rocker's ever to live.
- 2. Long December by Counting Crows
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
One of the most emotion based songs that capped the all too short existence of Kurt Cobain.
- 10. Insect Kin by Bush
Last but certainly not least, I was afraid I might forget some great band/song, I'm glad it wasn't this one!
- 9. Street Spirit (fade out) by Radiohead
I think this song needs no comments at all, it leaves me speachless!
- 8. Follow My Way by Chris Cornell
Well, this is a song from that one record I'd take to a desert island.
- 7. Bittersweet by Fuel
Another great song from a great band that still has a lot to show (I hope).
- 6. Mayonaise by Smashing Pumpkins
If you're down, then this song is your best companion, sweet and beautiful!
- 5. Somewhere by Soundgarden
This song represents the great work from this awesome band. Great songs with nice melody and energy.
- 4. Faultline by Silverchair
The melody and the energy in the final part makes me want to jump and scream, what a song! What a record!
- 3. Serve the Servants by Nirvana
You can almost feel his pain as he sings with that melancholic and sad tone.
- 2. Be Quiet and Drive (far away) by Deftones
The passion employed by Chino and the energy of the rest of the band almost makes me cry each time I hear this song.
- 1. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
This is a song I'll never ever get tired of. This also represents the attitude I love most about Pearl Jam.
- 10. Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana
- 9. Hurt by NIN
- 8. Rock by Widespread Panic
- 7. Judith by A Perfect Circle
- 6. Missing You by A String Cheese Incident
- 5. Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Stinkfist by Tool
- 2. Climb To Safety by Widespread Panic
- 1. Closer by NIN
this is a list created by 2 people; hense the contrast between the even songs and the odd songs.
- 10. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Scottie what happened to you???
- 9. 21st Century Digital Boy by Bad Religion
Great punk song from across the pond.
- 8. Teen Angst by Cracker
I don't know what the world my need, but I'm sure as hell that it starts with me.... AWESOME TUNE!!!
- 7. Good by Better Than Ezra
Just an all around solid song.
- 6. When Dolphins Cry by Live
Not a big Live fan, but this song is sweet.
- 5. Losing My Religion by REM
Haven't seen many list with R.E.M., too bad cuz they rule.
- 4. Man in the Box by Alice in Chains
Fee-ee-ee-eed my eyes, can you sew them shut.....Love it
- 3. Angry Chair by Alice in Chains
Why can't Cantrell just forgive and forget?
- 2. Banditos by Refreshments
So tell me how far down do you wanna go, we can talk it out over a cup of joe, and you can look deep into my eyes like I was a supermodel.
- 1. Everybody Hurts by REM
- 10. Mexican Moon by Concrete Blonde
very moody, atmospheric music, spooky, passionate, just a great song
- 9. Anniversary Song by The Cowboy Junkies
the only thing that got me through my hell retail job in 1994
- 8. Am I the Same Girl? by Swing Out Sister
Ok, so yeah it's a remake... but it's a great pop song by a pop act that never got enough credit.
- 7. Friday I'm In Love by Cure
- 6. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
have to agree on this one... it always makes me shiver
- 5. Go Deep by Janet Jackson
get ya groove on
- 4. The Power of Good-bye by Madonna
I'm a longtime Madonna fan, and this was the song that changed the way in which I liked her.
- 3. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 2. Clumsy by Our Lady Peace
still makes me happy
- 1. Cumbersome by seven mary three
no particular order, and will probably regret all of my choices and think of 10 I'd rather have as soon as I send the form
- 10. Possum Kingdom. by Toadies
Too bad so many people don't know about the Toadies. They're missing out on some good music.
- 9. Method of Expression by Candiria
From the jazzy beginning to the grinding end, 3 minutes of pure Brooklyn power.
- 8. Stinkfist by Tool
Tool at its finest.
- 7. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
A friend of mine qualified it as the best song ever. I wouldn't go that far. But hey, it made the list.
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Even if I've gotten tired of this song. It really is good.
- 5. Albuquerque by Weird Al Yankovic
Had to throw in a wild card. The general concensus on this song is very split. Some see it as the grand epic of a guy who hates sauerkraut. Others think it sucks because it's too long and dragged out. I agree with the former.
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
- 3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
In my opinion the best Radiohead song. You have to love the guitar at the end.
- 2. Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine
It'll be remembered as "the song at the end of the Matrix". That's a shame...but at least it'll be remembered.
- 1. Date Rape by Sublime
How much greater can a song get?
This should be the top 50 songs. I don't get to mention some of the lesser known great songs. Oh, what the hell. The Mr. T Experience "Even Hitler Had A Girlfriend", King Chang� "Don't Drop Your Pants", Opeth "Demon of the Fall", Local H " High Fiving Motherf*****", Bikini Kill "I Like F******"....the list goes on and on. Oh, yeah...can't forget "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction and "Wonderwall" by Oasis.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book