What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. The Space Between by Dave Matthews Band
- 9. Bent by Matchbox Twenty
- 8. Slide by Goo Goo Dolls
goo goo dolls. always makes my day
- 7. Shimmer by Shawn Mullins
- 6. Everything You Want by Verticle Horizon
great band. dunno where they are now. heaps of talent
- 5. Miss You Love by Silverchair
from album neon ballroom. classic love song
- 4. Drive by Incubus
great message. listen to the words
- 3. Daughter by Pearl Jam
- 2. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
cool song. wanna hear more from him
- 1. Shimmer by Fuel
By: Alexandre Giraldella
- 10. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
- 9. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 8. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
- 7. We Die Young by Alice In Chains
- 6. Lithium by Nirvana
- 5. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 4. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 3. Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains
- 2. Black by Pearl Jam
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
By: Brock Landers
- 10. Another Rainy Night by Queensryche
Super song you'll never hear unless you buy the album.
- 9. Temple Of Your Dreams by Monster Magnet
Killer metal song that just kicks your ass.
- 8. Hole In My Soul by Aerosmith
Awesome, Underrated song...good video too.
- 7. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Amazing song by THE GREATEST 90s BAND
- 6. Pretty Noose by Soundgarden
Wicked song...if I could only sing the notes Chris Cornell can.
- 5. November Rain by Guns N Roses
The video gets all the credit but the song is a masterpiece and fun as heck to play if you have a drum set.
- 4. Right Now by Van Halen
Though Van Halen wasn't the same without DLR, they still had a few good jams...this being far and away the best.
- 3. Livin' On The Edge by Aerosmith
Amazing song by the best band America has ever made. An incredible song to hear live.
- 2. Don't Cry by Guns 'N Roses
- 1. Jet City Woman by Queensryche
There's no better song on this planet...Power metal!
Blow Up The Outside World (Soundgarden), Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Amazed (Offspring), and King Nothing (Metallica)
- 10. Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas
This song was overplayed, yes, way mainstream, but it was also something else: real music. Santana will never fade.
- 9. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
Better than they ever got credit for. Too poppy to be real musicians, too real to last.
- 8. Acoustic # 3 by Goo Goo Dolls
This a beautiful, heartbreaking song. Whatever the goo are doing now, for a while there, they wrote one great song after another. Slide, Iris, Name, Black Balloon, these songs are incredible. You oculd listen to them over and over.
- 7. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
The Stone Temple Pilots are gods. This song has a great rock sound with alternative vocals. Listen to it over and over, loud.
- 6. String of Pearls by Soul Asylum
I didn't want to put anyone on here twice, but no one ever gives Dim Light enough credit, and it was as great an album as Grave Dancers. "String of Pearls" is pure musical and lyrical genius.
- 5. Josephine by Wallflowers
Bringing Down the Horse was an incredible album. There is no bad song on that disk. This song is very real and sad, though. It sounds like a lonely, rainy afternoon. Not as musical as one of their hits, like "The Difference," but every bit as beautiful.
- 4. Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow
A chic who's music was definitely digable...never was pop till now. This is sheryl crow at her voice-of-an-angsty-teenage-generation best. Pure pms. I love it.
- 3. Betterman by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam's influence is underrated. they got lost in the wave of nirvana-esque bands, but unlike so many of the grunge rockers we love, these guys never sell out. Their new album, like this song, is pure, priceless emotion. Plus Eddie Vedder has that ability to sound either in pain or really turned on, constantly. very hot.
- 2. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
These guys had to go on here, they WERE the nineties. Heart Shaped Box is my favorite non-unplugged song, but Unplugged is definitely one of the best (the best?) albums of the nineties. It was kurt cobain on the brink, and the set list speaks for itself.
- 1. Black Gold by Soul Asylum
These guys have been around for twenty years and just keep turning out great music. This song, though, well...listen to it.
If you like a band, go out an buy their album. Keep great music alive.
By: Pete Amling
- 10. I Saw The Sign by Ace Of Base
Classic early 90s pop that didn't suck.
- 9. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
IMO peak performance from a not so bad band.
- 8. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
So good. Wish I could have put more NIN on this here chart.
- 7. Mouth by Bush
Not the remix you may have heard but the original from Razorblade Suitcase.
- 6. Thirty Three by The Smashing Pumpkins
Least recognized of the Mellon Collie singles but possibly the most touching.
- 5. The Dam At Otter Creek by Live
One of about 10 amazing songs off of Throwing Copper.
- 4. Motorcycle Driveby by Third Eye Blind
One of about 13 amazing songs on their self titled album.
- 3. Freak On A Leash by Korn
The beginning of a new era which ended rather quickly.
- 2. Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
The end of an era.
- 1. Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins
Siamese Dream's best single and such powerful lyrics. Good times with the Smashing Pumpkins.
This was a very hard list to come up with. I've left out a lot of bands that deserve recognition but this was what came to me at the moment.
- 10. Im Too Sexy by Right Said Fred
As Cheesy as they were, we still all sing along when hearing this song!!!!
- 9. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
He may be arrogant but we all loved the song didnt we!!!!
- 8. Cant Touch This! by M.c Hammer
Those Baggy trousers and the running man dance are legendary!!!
- 7. Waterfalls by Tlc
These Girlz kicked ass in the 90's!!!
- 6. No Limit by 2 Unlimited
This was Fantastic! one i definatly remember dancing to at the school discos!!!
- 5. Jump! by Kriss Kross
Come on own up who wore there clothes backwards whenever the song came on!!
- 4. New Kids On The Block by The Right Stuff
*Singing at top of my voice* OH OH OH OH OH< OH OH OH OH, OH OH OH OH OH, THE RIGHT STUFF! YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF BABY......! classic!
- 3. Informer by Snow
I will never forget the words to this Informer (then humming until) Licky boom boom down!
- 2. Boom Shake The Room by Dj Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince
Everyone Loved the fresh prince's most popular song!!!!! "Tick Tick Tick Tick BOOOOOOM!!!"
- 1. Deep by East 17
Possible the most sexy song of the 90s!!!!
www.geocities.com/Early90smusic/ This is my site on music from 1990 - 1995! come take a look!!
By: THIS IS THE REAL ROCKERS LIST!
- 10. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
One of the great bands and cornell is the man. superunknown is awesome album.
- 9. Spiders by System of a Down
sold out recently but their debut album is still a great album and Toxicity has some decent tracks also
- 8. Everlong by Foo Fighters
One of the hardest rocking songs of the 90s, awesome.
- 7. New Born by Muse
This bands music will completely blow your mind!! i love them and i hope they gain a little more popularity as they definitely deserve it.. if your looking to buy one of their albums get Origin Of Symmetry.
- 6. Everything Zen or Aenema by Tool or Bush
i carnt decide?
- 5. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Anyone who playes guitar knows this song like the back of their hand. what can i say.. these guys were rock gods in the 80s.. kinda died out in the 90s but they still will go down in history as one of the best bands ever.
- 4. Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine
This band will not be forgoten for a long time because of Tom Morellos innovative guitar style and Zacs politically motivated lyrics that we ALL can relate to. their debut "self titled" album is still their real classic.
- 3. Anything off Neverming or In Utero by Nirvana
any song off Nevermind and 90% of whats on In Utero is your best bet. Grunge was the best era of music in the 90s, no doubt.
- 2. Anything off Blood Sugar Sex Majik by Red Hot Chili Peppers
my favorite band for a loooong looong time. chad, flea, jonh and anthony all have immense talent. one of the best bands of the 90s.. check out Blood sugar sex majik, californication.. or just buy all their albums like i have :)
- 1. Alive by Pearl Jam
Best or very close to the best band of the 90s. Every song is quality alive, better man, jeremy, go, dissident, faithful, i am mine, do the evolution, hail hail, lukin, black, given to fly you all know them (been played on radio to death also). Alive is their best song and has the most known guitar solo of the 90s. And people who only have listened to Ten u SHOULD be listening to Vs and Yield (both are better!) AND PEARL JAM HAVENT SOLD OUT LIKE THEY COULD HAVE AND MADE A BUCKETLOAD.. THEY STAYED TRUE AND I RESPECT THEM FOR THAT
As you can see no MTV junk on here just the best most talented bands of the 90s.
- 10. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
- 9. Big Poppa by Notorious Big
- 8. Quit Playing Games With My Heart by Backstreet Boys
- 7. Ride My Pony by Genuine
- 6. Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- 5. California Love by 2 Pac
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 3. G' Thang by Snoop Dogg And Dr Dre
- 2. Waterfalls by Tlc
- 1. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
By: will sutton
- 10. Caught By The Fuzz by Supergrass
Britains most underrated band show there punk cred.
- 9. Slide Away by Oasis
Great Chords, great melody.
- 8. Soma by Smashing Pumpkins
Loads of guitar, and an unbelievable solo
- 7. Talk Tonight by Oasis
Oasis' best acoustic number
- 6. Do the Evolution by Pearl Jam
Eddie tells us exactly what he thinks about the human race. Great video too
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
The best Use oh "Yeah" on a song since "she loves you"
- 4. This Is A Low by Blur
- 3. There She Goes by The La's
The greatest song Paul Mccartney never wrote
- 2. Live Forever by Oasis
Triumphant solo, and lyrics you can make sense of
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
- 9. Radio by Smashing Pumpkins
- 8. Hero by Foo Fighters
- 7. Falling Away From Me by Korn
- 6. One For The Mourning by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Nothing Compares To U by Sinead O'connor
- 4. Doll Parts by Hole
- 3. Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World
- 2. Live Through This (whole Ablum) by Hole
- 1. Celebrity Skin (whole Album) by Hole
cant choose between all of the amazing songs on that cd..courtney love fucking rools
yeh....Courtney love is god!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book