What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Recently by Dave Matthews Band
- 9. Molly by Sponge
- 8. Peace Pipe by Cry Of Love
- 7. What's My Name by Snoop
- 6. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
- 5. Meat Puppets by Backwater
- 4. Low by Cracker
- 3. I Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees
- 2. Black by Pearl Jam
- 1. Plush by Stone temple pilots
By: Brandon 'Blitz' Warren
- 10. Rhythm Is A Dancer by Many Artists
Rhythm is a dancer, it's a source companion, you can feel it everywhere.
- 9. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
I've been kissed by a rose on the grave.
- 8. Yeah Whatever by Splender
We don't have to stay friends, let's pretend to be enemies.
- 7. Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon
He's everything you want, he's everything you, he's everything inside of you that you wish you could be.
- 6. If You Could Only See by Tonic
If you could only see the way she loves me, then maybe you'd understand.
- 5. Run Around by Blues Traveller
Why you always give me the run around?
- 4. Desperatly Wanted by Better Than Ezra
I remeber running through the wet grass, falling a step behind.
- 3. Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
Cause I am barely breathing, and I can't find the air.
- 2. Hot Stepper by Ini Kamozi
They call me hot steppa, burn it up.
- 1. New Age Girl by Deadeye Dick
Don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone.
I was born on September 11, 1984. I grew up loving nothing but music, so I think I can tell you what really kicked ass in the early years. Later Kids
- 10. Peaches by Presidents of the USA
- 9. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 8. Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World
- 7. Loser by Beck
- 6. Creep by Radiohead
- 5. OffSpring by Self Esteem
punk version of nirvana lol
- 4. Rape Me by Nirvana
ok ok, i gotta put more nirvana in, who cares, they were, simply, gods
- 3. Time of Your Life by Green Day
- 2. Buddy Holly by Weezer
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
duh, c'mon, they created their own genre
While most music sucked, and the early nineties was still being plagued by hair bands, grunge became huge and has changed rock 'n roll (for the better) hair band ==> grunge is a very, very, very good transition lol
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
Just such a mellow, chillin' song. You listen to it, and you just aren't sure whether you're supposed to feel happy or sad, but it's so well written and almost addictively annoying, that you gotta love it.
- 9. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Has so much spirit, energy, and emotion packed into one song. When you sing along to it, you just see yourself walking through the City of Angels with him; incredible feeling.
- 8. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
What can you say about a song that rings so true today? If it inspires you to be a little nicer to someone or respect everyone's individuality, you're not alone.
- 7. Damnit by Blink 182
Oh, powerful, fast song. Just makes you wanna rock out. So true on growing up, makes you relive all those damn frustrations.
- 6. Changes by Tupac
Maybe the only rap song that could make me cry. Layin' it down about something that is so real and that was such an integral part to his short life. May he rest in peace above, we lost a warrior and a pioneer in the rap game.
- 5. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
Now i heard not too long ago that this song was about sex; dunno about that. But this song has just got a certain je ne sais quoi to it. Everytime i hear, it's like it's the perfect time to listen to it, feel what they're sayin'.
- 4. Losing My Religion by REM
A serious song that you just wanna sing along to. Has got a lot of emotion packed into it, but does it in a way that was also marketable and appealing to the general public; genious.
- 3. Nuthin' but a G Thang by Dr. DRE ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg
In my opinion, the best rap duo ever to team up. Had you waving your hands like you just didn't care, and losing your mind, just chillin'.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Admittedly not my favorite song, not even by Nirvana. But what it represented, and what it launched was unmistakable and unmatched since. Expresses the angst and anger of the generation, and it was just a wave that caught the nation. Whether you knew the words or just mumbled along, you were bangin' your head to this whether you liked it or not.
- 1. One by U2
It took me a while to get into this song, I really didn't understand it at first. But after listening to it a lot and reading the lyrics, you fall in love with it. If you've ever had someone in your life that you loved and never loved you back, this expresses it all; the anguish, the pain, the longing. Everyone's gotta have a connection with this song, because something like it has happend to every single one of us.
I think that the 90's were defined by so many different styles. Also, unlike the 80's, there aren't any clear favorites for number one; these songs are so great, that any of them could be number one. And to the people who are putting Backstreet, NSYNC, Brittany, or any of that crap on these lists, don't; that is not music; i don't care if they can sing or not; real music is about writing and feeling a song, an emotion. The only thing they feel is the $$$ CA-CHING $$$ in their bank accounts. Leave this list for real music, and have a little respect for the real artists out there.
- 10. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
i think everyone knows the words to this one.
- 9. Motorcycle Drive-by by Third Eye Blind
i always have to sing this one...such incredible lyrics and melodies.
- 8. Stinkfist by Tool
- 7. Sober by Tool
this song is amazing, just amazing.
- 6. Say It Ain't So by Weezer
- 5. Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
- 4. Black by Pearl Jam
the best bridge in 90s music, period.
- 3. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 2. Far Behind by Candlebox
good ol' early 90s music...music has gone to hell in a handbasket now-a-days.
- 1. Dammit by Blink 182
i believe it is physically impossible to get tired of this song.
favorite all-time 90s song that never hit the radio: 'in circles' by sunny day real estate.
- 10. What If God Was One Of Us by Joan Osbourne
anyone remember how big this one was??
- 9. Alanis Morisette by Oughta Know
- 8. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
even if you're not a dmb fan you gotta know this one, this song is definitely played out and there are lots of other great dave songs but hey, one of those big 90's hits
- 7. Glycerine by Bush
Don't let the days go by...
- 6. Round Here by Counting Crows
I love the Crows, Adam Duritz is fucking talented , emotion is one thing this guy can do and thats what makes the music so memorable and defining of the decade; this is probably my favorite and I guess you'd have to throw in Mr. Jones, too
- 5. Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O'connor
many tears flow at this one...
- 4. Everybody Hurts by Rem
Losing My Religion would have to tie in with this one.. but this song has helped me and probably a lot of people through some tough times, gets pretty deep, starts out ultra depressing but towards the end optimistic, this song is a shoulder to cry on when all we need is someone to tell us, "hang on"
- 3. No Rain by Blind Melon
can't forget that little girl dressed as a bee on the cover of that cd all i can say is that my life is pretty plain
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
eddie vedder is a genius. did this song not foreshadow the consecutive series of terror events in schools... ( columbine etc.) Jeremy spoke in class today...
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
...duh r.i.p. kurt
ben harper- burn one down (pot smokers of the world unite) red hot chili peppers- under the bridge mc hammer- can't touch this etc
By: Candice Kish
- 10. Doo Wop by Lauryn Hill
- 9. Smooth by Santana w/ Rob Thomas
- 8. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
- 7. Broadway by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. Green Day by Basketcase
- 5. DJ Jazzy Jeff w/ Fresh Prince by Summertime
- 4. No Diggity by Blackstreet
- 3. Fly by Sugar Ray
- 2. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 1. California Love by Tupac Shakur w/ Dr. Dre
- 10. The Kids Aren't Allright by The Offspring
- 9. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 8. What I Got by Sublime
- 7. Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 6. Jammin by Bob Marley
- 5. Time Of Your Life by Greenday
- 4. Pardon Me by Incubus
- 3. Innocent by Our Lady Peace
- 2. Betterman by Pearl Jam
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
By: Sasa Kovacevic
- 10. Boom Shaka Laka by Dumb And Dumber Song
this one is just funny and makes you listen to it many and many times
- 9. Without Me by Eminem
- 8. Wonder Why They Call U Bithc by 2pac
- 7. All 4 U by Janet Jackson
- 6. Wannabe by Spice Girls
- 5. #1 by Nelly
- 4. Country Grammar by Nelly
- 3. Svetlana Ceca Raznatovic by Beograd
Just good, for your ears
- 2. Nocna Ptica by Nedeljko Bajic Baja
Get this one, it is must hear one
- 1. Hero by Mariah Carey
I just think this song is the best song of Mariah Carey.
- 10. Groovy Kinda Love by Phil Collins
this is not all he has!
- 9. My Love Is You Love by Whitney Houston
- 8. This I Promise You by Nsync
i personally am not a big fan of gay boy bands but i seeemd to like this song a lot
- 7. Endless Love by Mariah Carey And Luther Vandross
- 6. Dont Know Much by Aaron Neville And Linda Sumthin
- 5. I Cant Help Fallin In Love by Elvis Presley
indeed the king!
- 4. All My Life by Kc And Jojo
- 3. Have I Told U Lately by Rod Stewart
- 2. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- 1. Heaven by Bryan Adams
one of da best
i wud love to write a lil anecdote below each song..but the song does its own talkin
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book