What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Breakdown by Mariah Carey
So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue Of the pain that rejection is putting you through
- 9. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
This song gives me so many memories. I remember just listening to it over and over
- 8. What I got by Sublime
a song that tells the truth. awesome band
- 7. Again by Janet Jackson
just a great love song.
- 6. Free Fallin by Tom Petty
I'll admit it. I'm a huge Tom Petty fan. and this is his best in my opinion.
- 5. Clumsy by Our Lady Peace
Such a relaxing great song.
- 4. To Be With You by Mr. Big
One hit wonder...yes. Awesome song...oh yeah! It doesn't get much better than this.
- 3. Crazy by Aerosmith
Personally I think Aerosmith is the greatest band ever. The hits just keep coming from them, and the Big Ones compilation is one of the best greatest hits albums ever.
- 2. Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor
One of the best all time ballads. Everytime I hear it I just relax and close my eyes and listen to the awesome lyrics.
- 1. One by U2
We're one but we're not the same. Well we hurt each other than we do it again. Come on folks, you gotta admit this song is a classic! I love it.
90s music has so much variety, that if I were to do this another day, my list would be quite different. rock on! peace
- 10. Xpander by Sasha
- 9. Kiss the Dirt by INXS
- 8. Burn by The Cure
- 7. Sweet Dreams (cover) by Marilyn Manson
- 6. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 5. Pug by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Touched by Visual Audio Sensory Theater (VAST)
- 3. Color Blind by Counting Crows
- 2. Would by Alice in Chains
- 1. Gravity of Love by Engima
- 10. Heart shaped box by Nirvana
You could write a book about this song.
- 9. Pennyroyal tea by Nirvana
Absolutely aspiring lyrics. Kurt Cobain's vocal is incomparable.
- 8. Under the bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great tune, sung with a touching vocals
- 7. Creep by Radiohead
Thom Yorke's vocal is so stirring. A very touching song
- 6. Nothing else matters by Metallica
Great tune. Great guitar works. TYpical of Metallica
- 5. Green Day by Longview, and, Welcome to the paradise
I love both of these songs. 'Dookie' rocks!!!!!!!
- 4. Come as you are by Nirvana
Grrrrreat song!!!! Grrrreat lyrics. Grrrreat vocals. What else can I say!!!!
- 3. Lithium by Nirvana
Quite frankly, this is my best track from 'Nevermind'.
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
You can feel the passion ain this song. Great lyrics as well. Eddie sings it as if his whole worls is coming apart in seconds. quite simply a ballad with power.
- 1. Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana
We owe a lot to this song for keeping rock alive, which now, is almost dead.
I'll reconsider my consciousness!!!!
- 10. Miami by Will Smith
Did I mention he was the best rapper? No, ok, well he is.
- 9. Get Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith
- 8. Invisible Man by 98 Degrees
This is such a deep song.
- 7. Tearin Up My Heart by NSync
The first few songs are usually not the best, but in this case it was.
- 6. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
This too is a great love song. It too has sentimental value for me.
- 5. It's So Hard To Say Goodbye by Boyz II Men
These guys have been around for a long time. This song sends cills up my spine.
- 4. Where You Are by Jessica Simpson feat. Nick Lachey
These two make a great couple and they make great music together. This is a very romantic song.
- 3. All I Have To Give by Backstreet Boys
- 2. The Hardest Thing by 98 Degrees
This song has a lot of personal meaning for me. It's a great song!
- 1. I Drive Myself Crazy by NSync
This is the most beautiful song. These guys are amazing!
I know there are a lot of boy bands on this list, but that is what I like. I'm not into a lot of rap or country or alternative. Pop is my kind of music. If you couldn't tell I have a thing for love songs.
- 10. Song 2 by Blur
Great when loud!
- 9. Push it by Garbage
- 8. Poets by Tragically hips
I'm sure anybody have this song on their list but I like it.
- 7. Des fleurs pour Salinger by Indochine
The greatest french song.
- 6. Mmm mmm mmm by Crash test dummies
This song is not very popular but you must listen to it.
- 5. One by U2
- 4. Losing my religion by REM
So sad too
- 3. Smell like teen spirit by Nirvana
Everybody know this one.
- 2. Under the bridge by Red hot chili peppers
Wonderful song that will never be old.
- 1. You oughta know by Alanis Morissette
This is the first song I really like. SO GREAT!!!
Sorry my english suck cause i'm french!
By: Emory Time Dodson
- 10. Maybe by Collective Soul
Collective Soul...! Ed Roland is a master at writing songs. I have like 10 other song by them i'd recommend..
- 9. Vanessa Williams by Save The Best For Last
Simply the Best Love Song Ever!!
- 8. Live by All Over You
Second Best Live song... Impressive when you look at the other Live songs I have listed..
- 7. Dreams by Cranberries
This song and "Linger" are the Cranberries best.. I fell in love with this song when I was watching "You've Got Mail"
- 6. Good by Better Than Ezra
These guys aren't one hit wonders if this is the only song you've heard by them... "In The Blood" "At the Stars" and "Desparatly Wanting" are also quite good.
- 5. They Stood Up For Love by Live
Live is clearly one of the two greatest band ever... along with the Goo Goo Dolls... "Selling the Drama" "Dolphin's Cry" "Lightning Crashes" All AWESOME songs...
- 4. For The Movies by Buckcherry
Far superior to "Lit Up" or "Dead Again" both good songs, but this one is slower and not as heavy...
- 3. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
These guys are such great artists.. in the Genius type of sense... "Blackballoon" "Naked" and of course "Slide" could be like somewhere in 11-15 if this was a 15 song list.
- 2. Glycerine by Bush
I might have listened to this song about 500 times in the past few years. Other good songs by Bush are "Chemicals Between Us" "Machinehead" "Come Down" "Little Things"
- 1. Shimmer by Fuel
This is clearly the greatest song of any Decade, only challenged by my #2 song. Over all Fuel isn't that great... there other songs like "Sunburn" or "Hemorage" just don't cut it when compared to "Shimmer"
Left Out Groups like... Tonic, Our Lady Peace, No Doubt, GIN BLOSSOMS!!, Dave Matthews Band, Train, The Flys, Sixpence None the Richer... and also some solo artists...
- 10. back dat azz up by juvenile
a good fun party song with lots of profanity
- 9. popular by nada surf
true true true
- 8. that summer by garth brooks
- 7. big empty by stone temple pilots
I know,I know, most people prefer interstate love song...
- 6. champagne supernova by oasis
gotta love this one
- 5. what it's like by everlast
listen to the words...
- 4. 1979/today by smashing pumpkins
I couldn't decide. They are both great songs.
- 3. november rain by guns n roses
it has an 80's feel, but it was a 90's song. Plus, can't everyone remember those first jr. high slow dances to this one?
- 2. crash into me by dave matthews band
the most romantic song on earth
- 1. come as you are/smells like teen spirit by nirvana
both sides of nirvana....the best band of the 90's
By: Mary Eliza
- 10. Army of Me by Bjork
- 9. Santaria by Sublime
- 8. Do Right by Jimmie's Chicken Shack
A very fun song
- 7. Ex-Factor by Lauren Hill
You can feel the soul
- 6. Blink-182 by Dammit
- 5. Where is my mind by Pixies
- 4. Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters
- 3. White, Discussion by Live
Virtually a classic
- 2. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 1. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Music like this just isn't made anymore
By: Anthony Bertovic
- 10. Red Hot Chilli Peppers by Under The Bridge
- 9. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 7. Until it sleeps by Metallica
- 6. California Luv by 2-Pac
- 5. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
- 4. Song 2 by Blur
- 3. Greedy Fly by BushX
- 2. Can I Get A... by Jay-Z
Sickest night club track !
- 1. When I come around by Green Day
Great Woodstock video!!!
By: Sharon Lee
- 10. End Of the Road by Boyz II Men
Was absolutely massive.
- 9. Waterfalls by TLC
From Crazy, Sexy, Cool. Hit in 96, it was brilliant!
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 7. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Another big hit of the year, like My Heart Will Go On, though in diff years, 1997 i think.
- 6. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
The first time i heard this, i knew it would be the biggest hit of the year (1998) and i was right! Of course, overplay set in and everyone became sick of it.
- 5. Wannabe by Spice Girls
Their debut hit in July 96 and the song that shocked everyone. Still my favourite group.
- 4. Girls and Boys by Blur
Quirky and damn happy song!
- 3. My Favourite Girl by New Kids of the Block
Can't really choose between their songs, they had so many hits! Valentine Girl, Hangin' Tough, Please Don't Go, Cover Girl,etc They even set a billboard record for being like the 2nd band or something to have 2 hits in the US top 10!
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
I remember buying the cassette album and memorising all the lyrics, rap and all!
- 1. U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
He and Vanilla Ice were the great icons in the early 90s, in 1993 i think.
MINE'S NOT IN ORDER, taht would be too difficult. Too many songs to mention, most of my choices were based on how well they did in the charts. As for songs i like, like Take That- Back for Good,Maria- Ricky Martin, Ray of Light- Madonna, Oasis songs, etc, too many to mention.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book