What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Dirty Cash (Money Talks) by Adventures of Stevie V
Big in England, great old dance record from 1990. Pretty far ahead of it's time!
- 9. Tom's Diner by DNA & Suzanne Vega
It's got my name in it, and its got church bells in it - what more could you want?
- 8. Push The Feeling On by Nightcrawlers
Another great house record - really good build up. Reminds me of me trying to dance way back in 1995!
- 7. Where Are You Baby? by Betty Boo
A cartoon maybe to Americans - but Betty Boo was a rapper/singer in England and she rocked.
- 6. Only When I Sleep by The Corrs
Especially the live version, such a beautiful song reminds me of summer.
- 5. Remember The Time by Michael Jackson
I loved this when it came out in 1992 - I had a thing about the Egyptians so the video was perfect. It was on the HIStory album aswell as Dangerous - which is one of my favourite 90's albums!
- 4. Where Did You Sleep Last Night? by Nirvana
My favourite by them - even though it's not one of their songs - they did it amazing on the Unplugged Album. Oooh Shiver
- 3. Groove Is In The Heart by Dee-Lite
Essential Dance Record - ahead of it's time
- 2. Informer by Snow
Second best white rapper ever - maybe. Well anyway, this song has sentimental value and it makes me laugh as well as *attempt* to sing along
- 1. Are You That Somebody? by Aaliyah
Best song she did if I did a top twenty, number 11 would be "Four page Letter" and "one In A Million" would be in there somewhere. Probably the song that made R&B really, really popular.
wow - theres loads more I've just thought of. Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey and Who Is it by Micheal jackson would be in there if I was in an R&B mood!! the nineties rocked
By: Turd Ferguson
- 10. Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine
they always seemed to get their point across, which was nice to see in an industry full of such bullshit
- 9. Walk by Pantera
keep your friends close and your enemies closer
- 8. Tweeter And The Monkey Man by Headstones
"tweeter and the monkey man were hard up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash" hell of a opening line
- 7. Hook by Blues Traveler
the harmonica really makes the song.
- 6. Anesthesia by Bad Religion
these guys kick out alot of great music, and this song is close to tops on the list
- 5. Nativity In Black by Ugly Kid Joe
they did a kickass cover for the black sabbath tribute album
- 4. Change by Blind Melon
shannon hoon kicked some ass till the drugs kicked his
- 3. Mrs Sullivan by Caroline's Spine
the self proclaimed "hardest working band in america" comes through with this song about world war 2
- 2. Lolita by Jughead's Revenge
pretty straight forward song. all about the crazy, psycotic girlfriend..
- 1. Good Grief by Foo Fighters
dave can wail like a mofo
this is in no perticual order. just 10 good songs that everyone should try and hear.
- 10. Who Told You by Roni Size
Top drum and bass tune. I have loads of vinyl and no money, thanks to roni size. (why can't you download vinyl? it's expensive sh!t)
- 9. Mmmm Bop by Hanson
Jump on the settee! We were young and didn't know better.
- 8. Renegade Master (fatboy Slim Remix) by Wildchild
Another one to guarantee no-one will be sitting in a chair.
- 7. Pure by The Lightning Seeds
A good laugh, one to put on repeat and annoy everyone.
- 6. Sweet Harmony by Liquid
Hailed the start of breakbeat. What a top tune.
- 5. Flowers by Sweet Female Attitude
When garage was good, someone wrote this song. Underground classic.
- 4. Cowboys by The Fugees
The best song on the best album of the nineties, pure class.
- 3. Organ Donor by Dj Shadow
Impossibly catchy. The extended mix he does live is soooo good, you have to shake y'ass.
- 2. It's Like That by Run Dmc Vs Jason Nevins
Great song, great b-boys on the vid, jump around!
- 1. Brim Full Of Asha by Cornershop
No of that depressing Nirvana crap here- great happy song, and everyone does need a bosom for a pillow, too.
There are songs that you can listen to an cry, but why bother? These are loads more fun.
- 10. Trial Time by Mr Big
- 9. Nan Nigga by Trick Daddy
- 8. Who Dat by Jt Money
- 7. Hi Lo by Jt Money
- 6. Im A Soldier by Eminem
- 5. East 1999 by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 4. Mary Go Round by South Park Mexica
- 3. I Got 5 On It by Luniz
- 2. Let Me Ride by Dr Dre/ Snoop
- 1. Pistol Grip Pump by Above The Law
Gangsta Rap And Various Other Rap Bone/ Master P: Hook It Up, Mc Ren: Final Frountier, Mc Eiht: Streiht Up Menace, Sixty Nine Boyz: Bang Bang Bang, Poison Clan: Surving The Game, Baby: Do That......, Montel Jordan: This Is How We Do It, Smiles & Southstar: Tell Me, 50 Cent: In Da Club, 50 Cent: Wanksta, Snoop Dogg/ Xzibit: Bitch Please, Bg: Bling Bling, Eminem: Im A Soldier, Black Rob: Whoa, Jt Money: Who Dat, Jt Money: Hi Lo, Naughty By Nature: Opp, Trick Daddy: Nann Nigga, Tru: Hoody Hooo, Mystikal/ Silkk: Aint My Fault 1 + 2, Mystikal: Shake Ya Ass, Dmx: Party Up, Mr Big: Trial Time (edited, Cypress Hill: Rock Super Star, Cypress Hill: Insane In Thebrain , Bone/ Tupac: Thug Luv, 2pac: If My Homies Call, 2 Pac: Hail Marry, Mc Breed: All We Do Is Club, Xzibit: Povaratzi, Xzibit: Multiply, Master P: Make Them Say Ugh, Master P: Rock-it, Magic: What, Ludacris: Move Bitch, 504 Boyz: Wobble Wobble, Ludacris: Rollout, Jd / Ludacris: Welcome To Atlanta, Nas: One Mic, Nas: Made You Look, Pharoahe Monch: Got You, Juvinile: Set It Off, Lil Jon & Eastside Boys: Bia Bia, Low G: Dont Try Me , Drag-on: Niggas Die 4 Me, Big Tymers: Still Fly, Natas: Telly Savales, N2deep: Back The Motel, Busta Rhymes: Break Ya Kneck, Rbx: Blunt Time, Dr Dre: Been There Done That, Dr Dre/ Dj Quik: Put It On Me, Dr. Dre: Let Me Ride, Jay-z: Big Pimpin, Lady Of Rage: Afro Puff, Eazy-e: Neighborhood Sniper, Dj Kool: Let Me Clear My Throat, Splack Pack: Shake That Assbitch , Nappy Roots: Po' Folks, Redman: Ill Be Dat, Coocoo Cal: My Projects, Krs1: Sound Of Da Police, Das Efx: Mic Checka (remix), Chink Santana: Its Murda, Styles: I Get High, Project Pat: That Drank, Nore: Nothin', Southpark Mexican: Mary Go Round, Tech 9: Tormented, Eazy E: Boyz N The Hood, No Body Move Real Motah Phukkin G'z, Dj Quick: Dollaz And Sense, Inner Citty Posse: Ghetto Zone, Delinquent Habits: Tres Dela Quentas, Delinquent Habits: Return Of Tres, Bmp:premeditated, Too Short: My Dick My Sack Too Short: Fuck My Car
- 10. Ironic by Alanis Morisette
- 9. Waterfalls by TLC
- 8. Walk This Way by Aerosmith
- 7. November Rain by Guns and Roses
- 6. I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
- 5. I Swear by All for One
- 4. Keep You Head Up by Tupac
- 3. Wannabe by Spice Girls
- 2. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
- 1. Gansta's Paradise by Coolio
By: Pedram Mobedi
- 10. Machinehead by Bush
- 9. Until It Sleeps by Metallica
- 8. Like A Stone by Audioslave
- 7. Lithium by Nirvana
- 6. Shiny Happy People by R.e.m
- 5. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 4. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 3. Would? by Alice In Chains
- 2. Off He Goes by Pearl Jam
- 1. Nirvana by Smells Like Teen Spirit
- 10. Do Me by Bell Biv Devoe
Do I really need a reason for this?
- 9. Freak Me by Silk
Great make out song
- 8. Dolly My Baby by Supercat
Great club song.
- 7. Come and Talk To Me by Jodeci
Another summer anthem.
- 6. Understsnding by Xscape
Good song to sing in your hair brush.
- 5. Because I Love You ( The Postman Song) by Stevie-B
Another great slow jam.
- 4. Knockin Da Boots by Candyman
This song is fun to dance to
- 3. November Rain by Guns N Roses
- 2. Quality Time by High Five
Great slow jam
- 1. Back To The Hotel by N2Deep
Total summer song
There were so many good songs that came out in the 90's it was hard to choose!
- 10. Allstar by Smash Mouth
a nice catchy little song that everyone knew the lyrics to.
- 9. Good Ridance by Greenday
the punk band shows their softer side with this really good song. It has great lyrics and Billy Joe (as allways) sings it well.
- 8. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
good rock here.
- 7. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
tons of furry and anger is thrown into this powerful song.
- 6. Adam's Song by Blink 182
By far Blink 182's Sadest song. It can really take you somewhere.
- 5. Duck And Run by 3 Doors Down
fast and powerful. This is the song that really made me a 3 doors Down fan.
- 4. Jossie by Blink 182
A good song from the band. Good music and really good vocals.
- 3. Dammit by Blink 182
Blink's best song ever. Defines new punk.
- 2. Faith by Limp Bizkit
Do I even have to say why.
- 1. Dreamer by Ozzy Osbourne
The heavy metal icon comes clean to show views on love, friendship, and peace in this really great song that would later become popular again when his show came out in 2002.
hip hop is experimental. Rock is real.
- 10. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
one of the best faster songs
- 9. Deep Water by Jewel
another good song when your feeling depressed
- 8. LA Song by Beth Hart
a good song when your feeling depressed
- 7. If I could by Phish
a great song, especially with allison krauss
- 6. Good Riddance by Green Day
nice words and music
- 5. Rain King by Counting Crows
counting crows #2 song
- 4. Because the Night by 10,000 Maniacs
i love most any song natalie merchant sings
- 3. Glycerine by Bush
- 2. Building a Mystery by Sarah Mclachlan
it gives you a great "feel"
- 1. Omaha by Counting Crows
greatest song ever!
- 10. Colourblind by Counting Crows
Loved this song eons before Cruel Intentions. Shame it had to 'go commercial'. Still a beautiful song though, everytime.
- 9. Fast Car by Tracey Chapman
Can't believe so few people have put Tracey on their lists! This girl is all class; the un-diva of the 90s.
- 8. Bring Me You Cup by UB40
Maybe not their best, but a personal fave. Again, blown away that they haven't been mentioned more!
- 7. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2
What 90s compliation would be complete without U2? You don't have to be religious to appreciate the beauty of this song, or to find some relevance to your own life.
- 6. Heaven Is A Halfpipe by OPM
Damn good fun!
- 5. Starry Eyed Surprise by Paul Okenfield
This song is for all the awesome nights out with The Girls; pop-y but it will never die.
- 4. Mr E's Beautiful Blues by The Eels
Makes me smile EVERYtime!
- 3. Take My Picture by Filter
Fell in love with it the first time I heard it, and years later I still can't get enough.
- 2. Gravity by The Superjesus
This song cannot be ignored.
- 1. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
Dave is pure genius, one of the few actual artists of the 90s - everyone else just made music.
These may not be the top 10 of the decade, but they are favourites of mine and all deserved to be listed. Honourable mentions to The Goo Goo Dolls 'Iris'; Hunters and Collectors 'Holy Grail'; Coldplay 'Yellow'; Third Eye Blind 'The Background'; K's Choice 'Not An Addict'; The Police 'I'll Be Missing You'; Van Bran 3000 'Drinking In LA'; Garbage '#1 Crush' and anything else by Dave Matthews. Who could ever truly define the 90s with only ten songs though?
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book