What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. A Long December by Counting Crows
I love this song. I like to listen to it the beginning of each new year.
- 9. Creep by Radiohead
This song is just awesome. I love it.
- 8. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrisette
This is the ultimate female rage song and I love it. I get totally energized every time I hear it.
- 7. Everybody Hurts by REM
This song is so depressing, but it has a good message and I just love REM. This is my favorite of their songs and the video is awesome too.
- 6. No Rain by Blind Melon
This is possibly the greatest video ever! It's just so simple and wonderful.
- 5. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
This song seems to always be forgotten from these lists, but I love it.
- 4. Elderly Woman Sitting Behind The Counter... by Pearl Jam
This is just my favorite song by this band. I love Jeremy and Alive too, but this song just does something to me.
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
A lot of people won't admit to liking Oasis but they are one of the best bands of the decade and this song gets me every time.
- 2. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
Possibly my favorite band of the decade. This song always brings back such memories whenever I hear it. Interstate Love Song, Creep, and Pretty Penny are my other favs.
- 1. November Rain by Guns 'N Roses
This was just the coolest video I had ever seen and it contains one of the last recorded guitar solos of the decade.
I didn't include some of my favorite bands on this list cause I couldn't decide which song to choose! These include Nirvana, Beck, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Ben Folds Five and U2
- 10. Do Right by Jimi's Chicken Shack
Dumb Band Name, Dumb Song Name, Dumb Guys BUT GREAT SONG just like all the songs in the 90s
- 9. Coffee and TV by Blur
The mybe best video I have ever seen... and the best song from them...
- 8. Doll Parts by Hole
I don't think anybody knows this song but I love it!
- 7. Freak on a Leash by Korn
Nobody ever thought that Korn could make a good song but....
- 6. Jeramy by Pearl Jam
another great song.
- 5. Lonely Swedish by Tom Green
See comment on song 4.
- 4. Sweater Song by Weezer
It's just an exsample that you didn't have to be a great song writer to get famous in the 90s
- 3. No Rain by Blind Melon
It's just a great song.
- 2. Knock Out by LL Cool J
How can someone forget a song where someone allways sings "Mama is going to knock u out..."?!?
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This was the best and most famous song in the 90s in about 10 years people will listen to the song and say "HEY I KNOW THIS!" they will not remeber the bad name but they now the song!
By: Courtney Strawder
- 10. Freak This by Will Smith
- 9. Summer Girls by LFO
I have my reasons, but put GUYS in place of Girls!
- 8. Jesus Freak by dc Talk
What will they all say and do?
- 7. Earl had to die! by Dixie Chicks
It's a funny song, but soo true!
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Kick A** Song!!
- 5. Forgot about Dre. by Eminem and Dr. Dre
Good rap song!
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
Fred Durst is HOTT!!
- 2. Thong Song by Sisqo
Song for the summer!!
- 1. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
An awesome group, with awesome songs!!
By: Tsun Freak
- 10. Everyday I Love You by Boyzone
Very sooth too, good lyrics, easy listening, very good song.
- 9. All Star by Smashmouth
- 8. Come Sailing Away by Cartman (in South Park ablum)
Very, very, very funny cracks me up every time, always good to listen to.
- 7. Anthem for the Year 2000 by Silverchair
Best Silverchair song ever.
- 6. Higher by Creed
- 5. Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli
Very soothing classical song, very worth listening to.
- 4. Keep On Movin' by Five
- 3. American Pie by Madonna
Good pop song.
- 2. N 2 Gether Now by LimpBizkit
Awsome and funny song, sounds in this songs makes you think they are f**ked up.
- 1. otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The best song I've ever heard.
These songs are just some of the best songs in the 90s, too bad can't all the good songs here. As you can see I listen to a variety of music, from Rap,to Pop, to Heavy Metal and Rock.
- 10. U Can't Touch This by M.C. Hammer
What can I say.....HAMMER TIME, the typewriter dance, and the so--called dance challenge against Michael Jackson (who was the winner anyway?)
- 9. Killing Me Softly by Fugees
Still one of my favourite hip hop tracks from the summer of 1996
- 8. The Sign by Ace of Base
The 1994 followup to ALL THAT SHE WANTS, this song should have been the debut track for Ace of Base. It was so big that they could have never topped the staying power of this song
- 7. Another Night by (M.C. Sar and) The Real McCoy
This club track scored huge in Canada under the artist name M.C. SAR & THE REAL McCOY only to be re-released in the fall as THE REAL McOY (somehow this track was always in the top 10 as a nightclub anthem)
- 6. Groove Is In the Heart by Deee--Lite
One of 1990's biggest dance anthems as house music made its break into the mainstream through this track
- 5. Sadness Part 1 by Enigma
Sexy and sinister...the ultimate make out and go all the way track
- 4. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Another make out track, this time with a message about suicide
- 3. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrissette
The Spice Girls claim to have started the girl--power movement, but it was this track that laid the foundation.
- 2. Jump Around by House of Pain
If anyone wanted to make a definitive party album of tracks from the 90's, you better make sure to include this one
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The grunge song that brought grunge to mainstream until 1996 when pop returned. I'm still wondering what the lyrics are to this track.
Honourable Mentions: C&C Music Factory..(Sweat) Everybody Dance Now 2 Unlimited..Get Ready for This Crystal Waters..Gypsy Woman -- She's Homeless Reel 2 Real..I Like to Move It The Cardigans..Lovefool No Doubt..Don't Speak Naughty By Nature..Hip Hop Hooray Elastica..Connection immediate followups to the top 10 list
By: Norman Smiley
- 10. Boom (Shake the Room) by DJ Jazzy Jeff + The Fresh Prince
A fun, pumped up rap song which would be awesome live.
- 9. Otherside by R.H.C.Peppers
This song symbolises the development of this band who first came to notie with the groundbreaking Under the Bridge.
- 8. Blind by Korn
Great song, the start of it prepares you for Korn's assault on the world (Are you ready?)
- 7. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
A song which is unlike Metallica, but sound totally awesome. It's off one of the best albums of all time.
- 6. November Rain by Guns n' Roses
Great guitar riffs, and a great solo by Slash.
- 5. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
Start of the revival of rap music. Paved the way for the success of Tupac Shakur.
- 4. Zombie by The Cranberries
A protest song about the Northern Ireland conflict that rocks.
- 3. Self Esteem by The Offspring
This marked the beginning of the rise to fame for the band after two low selling albums. I can't believe this has been left out.
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
The best Pearl Jam song, slightly better than Daughter, Animal and Even Flow.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Ain't Nuthin' But A G Thang by Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg
This is back when Snoop WAS Snoopy Doggy Dogg and Dre was DR. Dre and they didn't smoke blunts (yeah, sure)
- 9. November Rain by Guns and Roses
This video was long.. and heartbreaking. Ahh, Axel...
- 8. The Power by Snap
I've got the power!
- 7. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice, now know just as
You know the words. You know the dance. I bet you're singing it right now.
- 6. Smells Like Tenn Spirit by Nirvana
The best song at the height of the grunge-rock Seattle thing... where's my flannel shirt?
- 5. Hanigin' Tough by NKOTB
You know this was a classic.. remember the video... the screaming girls, New Kids waving their hands in the air like they just don't care? The flourescent merchandise? Come on!
- 4. Loser by Beck
This is THE freaky song that started Beck's freaky career and his freaky following...
- 3. Alanis Morrisette by You Oughta Know
This song is so annoying, but it was played CONSTANTLY! It started the whole "angry rocker chick" phase of America...
- 2. any Metallica song by Metallica
This band will not die. They will forever reign!
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
The NUMBER ONE song of the 90's has GOT to be Jeremy... this was the anthem of the 90's... the defining "anysong" the kids could connect with. There are so many others that could go here, but if I had to pick a representative, it would be "Jeremy"
Just a comment to some other top-10 lists... honestly... can the Backstreet Boys or NSync have one of the top 10 songs of a DECADE? I'm a fan and all, but come on. Either you're 12 years old and haven't really LIVED through the 90's, or you have an unrequieted love for all cheesy pop. :) Also, some songs that didn't make it, but are included in spirit: any TLC, old or new (remember back when they wore condoms on everything?), any Fresh Prince song, and any Bush song...
- 10. Circle of Life by Elton John
Ok, I loved the Lion King ..sue me!
- 9. I Am Made of You by Ricky Martin
Very spiritual song ..beautiful
- 8. Backstreet's Back by Backstreet Boys
- 7. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
- 6. Smooth by Santana feat. Rob Thomas
- 5. Fly by Sugar Ray
- 4. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Loved it from the first time I heard it ..I never tire of it
- 3. That Summer by Garth Brooks
Best Garth song, without a doubt!
- 2. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
First time I heard it, I was like BOOM!
- 1. She's All I Ever Had by Ricky Martin
Favorite song, hands down!
Well, even though I listed 2 songs off the Ricky Martin 1999 album, I would have listed them all ..cause the CD rocks! Yeah, I love Ricky Martin ..and I don't care who knows it! ;)
By: Tracey Thornton
- 10. I Try by Macy Gray
I wish i had great hair like she does. I also love her voice. She's so grooovy, dude.
- 9. Lover, Lover by Jimmy Barnes
The ICON of Rock, and he's very cute.
- 8. People Hold On by Lisa Stansfield
I can' believe NOBODY has put this in their top ten. This song is da bomb!!!!!
- 7. Macarena by Los Del Mar
Better than Los Del Rio's version.
- 6. 1,2,3,4(SUMPIN' NEW) by Coolio
1,2,3,4 Coolio is the best of the best, or at least that is my opinion.
- 5. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
YOU"RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN!!!!!
- 4. Mama by Spice Girls
Mama, i love you!
- 3. Walkin' on the sun by Smash Mouth
You might as well be walking on the sun!!!
- 2. Scatman by Scatman
He's the Scatman!
- 1. MMMbop by Hanson
I love these guys, especially the lovely Isaac. He's soooo cute!!!
THIS LIST IS DA BOMB!!!!!!! P.S. I love Isaac, 4 ever.
By: Chad Yost
- 10. Southtown by P.O.D
- 9. Back That Azz up by Juvenile
- 8. Forgot about Dre by Dr. Dre
- 7. What's My Name by DMX
Who's Your Daddy
- 6. Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine
- 5. Sugar by System Of A Down
- 4. What's My age again by Blink 182
Do I need One
- 3. Self-esteem by Offspring
This song f^^^in rules
- 2. No leaf clover by Metallica
This song is *&^cking awesome
- 1. Voodoo by Godsmack
This song kicks A$$
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book