What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 9. Kissed By A Rose by Seal
- 8. All The Small Things by Blink 182
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 5. The Thong Song by Not Sure
everyone sang that song
- 4. Time Of Your Life by Green Day
- 3. I Swear by Boys To Men
- 2. I Just Want To Fly by Im Not Sure Who Its By
gotta like that song
- 1. Blue by Eifel Tower
you couldnt go anywhere without hearing this song
good songs...good songs...
- 10. Hedonism by Skunk Anansie
Probably not my favourites but I didn't see any Skunk Anansie songs on here.. so I felt I needed to put one up.. it's still a good song, as is 'weak' and 'secretly'..
- 9. Fast As You Can by Fiona Apple
Just brilliant i must say.. this girl knows her stuff!
- 8. Winter/cornflake Girl by Tori Amos
'Winter' is a beautiful song and must be mentioned.. 'cornflake girl' is a good song.. I love all Tori Amos's stuff but these are my favourites from the 90s
- 7. Unfinished Symphony by Massive Attack
- 6. One by U2
- 5. Comedown/everything Zen by Bush
arghh! i can't decide which song to put here! Machinehead, little things, basically the whole "16 stone album"
- 4. Turn My Head by Live
great song.. as all Live songs...
- 3. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
Simply amazing song! also Interstate love song and Big Empty
- 2. The Man Who Sold The World (unplugged) by Nirvana
i love nirvana.. great song, as all of 'em... "in bloom" is good to mention as well
- 1. Black/daughter by Pearl Jam
I could listen to these tracks over and over and over....
I don't believe i can fit all the great songs of the 90's into a top 10 list! these are my favourites from the top of my head and the time being (this list could change all the time)... also i'm not sure of the order
- 10. Sir Psycho Sexy by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Best song by Red Hot Chili Peppers!!
- 9. Push It by Garbage
- 8. By My Side by INXS
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. Come Undone by Duran Duran
- 5. Freedom by Rage Against The Machine
- 4. Everything Zen by Bush
'...there's no sex in your violence...'
- 3. Dissident by Pearl Jam
- 2. Losing My Religion by REM
wow! that's all i can say
- 1. Epic by Faith No More
this is just a great song!
and there's plenty more that i couldn't decide... songs by Nirvana, Green Day, Tori Amos, Live, Soundgarden, Oasis... and much much more!
By: J - Flex
- 10. Blind by Korn
Agressive riffs, kick ass intro and jon davis' childhood - korn at their best.
- 9. How Do U Want It by 2pac
- 8. Wait And Bleed by Slipknot
throw up ur devil horns and rock
- 7. Ruff Ryders Anthem by Dmx
great tune, the beat is so wkd
- 6. Breakstuff by Limp Bizkit
For anyone who has been pissed off for a long time
- 5. Smells Like A Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 4. Nuthin But A G Thang by Dr Dre And Snoop
sit back, smoke a reef and chill
- 3. Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine
the best rage tune ive ever herd.
- 2. Hit Em Up by 2pac
ultimate diss song , not only does pac rip it out of biggie and bad boy but makes one of the greatest rap songs ever.
- 1. California Love by Dr Dre And 2pac
This is what rap is all about lets ride to this
By: Cigdem Saka
- 10. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
i love this song...can make you cry if you're in that mood.
- 9. How You Remind Me by Nickelback
absolutely gorgeous song.
- 8. Senz Una Donna by Zucchero
i know it's older than the 90s but i had to put this one down...
- 7. Elderly Woman by Pearl Jam
amazing song...anyone listening to it definitely thinks of a long lost friend, lover, or even stranger...
- 6. King Of Sorrow by Sade
the whole lover's rock album is amazing but this is by far my favourite song.
- 5. Me And Mrs Jones by Marvin Gaye
again lots of versions but a classic that will be around for a loooong time...
- 4. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
puts me in a good mood....today is the greatest day i've ever known!
- 3. What I Am by Edie Brickell
if you don't know this song you won't remember it until you listen to it. and then you'll go 'ooooh yeah'...
- 2. Thank You by Natalie Merchant
definitely one of the best songs for of the decade..will never die out.
- 1. Landslide by Smashing Pumpkins
classic song that has been done over and over again...i personally like the smashing pumpkins version.
- 10. Push by Matchbox 20
I believe this song was one of Matchbox 20's very first hit songs.
- 9. Everybody Hurts by REM
Because everybody hurts sometimes.
- 8. Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton made this song for a reason and that is heard throughout the song. Very heartfelt!!
- 7. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
I like it but for no reason. Catchy song.
- 6. My Name Is by Eminem
What can I say?? Eminem knows how to make himself recognized!!
- 5. Changes (That's Just The Way It Is) by 2pac
Very catchy chorus!! "That's Just The Way It Is". Still one of my favorites.
- 4. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Kurt Cobains lyrics just stings.
- 3. Nobody's Wife by Anouk
Not very well know to most people, but this song is great!! Awesome guitar rff!!
- 2. Silverflame by Dizzy Mizz Lizzy
From Denmark just like D-A-D . Only spit out 2 records but are still considered to be one of the biggest danish rock bands ever!! Why you say - take a listen to "Silverflame".
- 1. Bad Craziness by D-A-D (Disneyland After Dark)
The danish band D-A-D are true rockers!! And the best part about them is that they master both the whole variety of rock - from soft to hard. Just try to compare this song to "It's After Dark" and you'll see why.
To list the top 10 greatest songs of the 90's is hard. I know i left out a lot, but these songs are just a few of the ones that I came to think of. It might be a good idea to extend this list to 20 songs.
By: Michael Koziol
- 10. Pash by Kate Cebrano
It's not one of my big favourites now, but when it came out I was mad about this song, so it has to go in.
- 9. If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher
Um, another Cher song? Yes! We all remember this controversial number, whatever you think about the video, you gotta love the song.
- 8. I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner
I can't really separate this one and 'Waiting For A Girl Like You', so let's say this is for both of them. Two great hit songs, true 90s music.
- 7. It Must Have Been Love by Roxette
Another great song, not all that well known, I love it!
- 6. Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins
Once again, late 80s, but it was such a good song it needs a mention. What can I say, we all know it, most of us love it.
- 5. It's All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion
What a marathon song! The music and the vocals are sensational.
- 4. Believe by Cher
Almost as good as 'I Found Someone', another powerful song that really gets you going every time you hear that chorus. I'd definitely say Cher would be my favourite artist of all time.
- 3. Foolish Games by Jewel
If only Jewel had stayed with he 90s instead of moving into the 21st Century (sigh)- this was in my opinion her best song and always will be an all time favourite of mine.
- 2. I Found Someone by Cher
OK it was late 80s but allow me this one at least: Not Cher's most well known song, but I think it's her best. The tune is unbelievable and it is one of the most powerful songs I've heard.
- 1. If I Could by 1927
I tore my hair out to find this song on the net, but I don't regret it for a second because this is an amazing song - it's got a great voice, melody, and meaning to the words. It's not well known but it's a gem.
There are some other songs that deserve a spot, but I can't distinguish between all these great songs, so here they are: 'We Think It's Love' - by Leah Haywood, 'The Day You Went Away' - by Wendy Matthews (what a sad song), 'Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover' - by Sophie B. Hawkinds, 'Life Is A Rollercoaster' - by Ronan Keating, 'Are You Still Having Fun?' by Eagle Eye Cherry, 'This Kiss' by Faith Hill, 'Everybody Hurts' - by R.E.M, 'It's In His Kiss' - by Cher, 'Rock DJ' - by Robbie Williams, 'Man I Feel Like A Woman' - by Shania Twain, 'You're Still The One' - by Shania Twain, 'I Try' - by Macy Gray, and ALL THOSE SONGS BY PAUL McDERMOTT!
- 10. I Need Love by LL Cool J
everyone needs love
- 9. Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 8. You Know My Name by SPM
- 7. Nice And Slow by Usher
- 6. Satisfy You by Puff Daddy
- 5. All My Life by Kc & JoJo
- 4. Changes by Tupac
- 3. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
- 2. I'd Rather Be With You by Bootsy Collins
This is a JAM right here
- 1. Lost in Love by NBK
Best love song
- 10. Seven Mary Three by Water's Edge
The harmony actually makes you feel like you're by a lake. The lyrics, on the other hand, don't XD. Still an awesome song
- 9. Pretty Noose by Soundgarden
Don't know how many Soundgarden fans there out there, but this is one of their jewels.
- 8. Amber by 311
It's bubbling sounds make any downhearted person chipper again. It's catchy too ;)
- 7. Testify by Rage Against the Machine
Gyah! It's so messed-up (good way)!
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
What top ten list would be complete without this bundle of joy? It revitalized a dying genre and kicked pop in the ass with the boot of rock XD. Stupid analogy but you get it.
- 5. Everlong by Foo Fighters
Undescribable. Listen to it and you'll feel the same.
- 4. Karma Police by Radiohead
Cool and refreshing. Simply put, it's awesome.
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Best song they've ever done. Ever. Ever.
- 2. Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden
Definately one of their best songs. Cornell's voice rocks out.
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
I don't know what it is exactly, but this song ....wow. Still my favorite song after all these years and it doesn't get old.
I tried not to be too biased, seeing as I'm a huge Nirvana/Soundgarden fan. Lithium can be contested as #1, but I seriously don't care about your opinions XD. Jokin' ;)
- 10. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
:) love it
- 9. You Were Meant For Me by Jewel
She has such a great voice which makes the song soo great. It's a beautiful mellow song.
- 8. If You Could Only See by Tonic
Wow. Such a great song.
- 7. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
Angry girl rock song. One of the best songs ever.
- 6. I Dont Wanna Wait by Paula Cole
Not only is this the theme song of one of the best shows ever (Dawson's Creek), it is such a good song !
- 5. I Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie And The Blowfish
Wow. What an awesome song. Such a summer song, reminds me of all the good times ! :)
- 4. Insensitive by Jann Arden
This song has a meaning for me, its soo true! Plus the song is sung beautifully and very powerfully.
- 3. I'll Follow You Down by Gin Blossoms
I love this song ! -- its just soo happy, i dunno! Love it !
- 2. I'm A Bitch by Merideth Brooks
Just a quality song
- 1. Run Around by Blues Traveller
This song reminds me sooo much of summer! Its such a good song ! :)
I love all the songs of the 90s ! There are so many that i would have loved to mention but couldnt...
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book