What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Ricardo Diaz
- 10. losing my religion by r.e.m
- 9. ice ice baby by vanilla ice
- 8. come as you are by nirvana
- 7. don't lock back in anger by oasis
i'm sorry but is the best
- 6. black or withe by michael jackson
- 5. welcome to the jungle by guns n' roses
- 4. faith by limp bizkit
- 3. smell like teen spirit by nirvana
kurt do very good with the music of 90's
- 2. live forever by oasis
- 1. all around the world by oasis
By: Nathaniel Tyson
- 10. Basketcase by Green Day
- 9. Just a Girl by No Doubt
- 8. Doll Parts by Hole
- 7. Stupid Girl by Garbage
- 6. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- 5. Brian Wilson by Barenaked Ladies
- 4. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morissette
- 3. Better Man by Pearl Jam
- 2. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Pollution by Limp Bizkit
Cool song. Pretty much all to be said.
- 9. My Own Summer by Deftones
A good song by the Deftones. One of their best.
- 8. P.O.D. by School of Hard Knocks
People don't exactly like P.O.D. because they consider them a christian band. I like two songs and this happens to be one. I'm not an antichrist but I'm not a priest. So if you like good tunes you will like this.
- 7. Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
This song is a very soothing song. I seem to think so. It is not very heavy but enjoyable.
- 6. Sugar by System of a Down
This a wierd song, but definatley worth a little listen too. It is a good example of modern day metal.
- 5. Bradley by Coal Chamber
Another cool song. Good Coal Chamber experience.
- 4. Blind by KoRn
Sweet ass song. It can be kinda depressing but its a cool song. Best KoRn song.
- 3. Chewbacca by D.V.D.A.
I have only experienced this song through Napster, because this band has no albumn. You are probably familiar of the show South Park. Well, to put it in a short way. This is the band of the 2 creators.
- 2. Back to School by Deftones
A very good Deftones song. One of my favorite songs of theirs. One of the most frequent videos on The Return of Rock.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
In my opinion this is the best band ever, and of all of their heavier songs this is the best.
If you like metal or any type of rock and roll that doesn't sound like that sh*t from the 80s then take a peek at this.
By: Jason LaBove
- 10. Days and Days by Concrete Blonde
Great band...and great song
- 9. Cake and Sodomy by Manson
I hate red necks...what can I say.
- 8. From the Cradle to enslave by Cradle of Filth
- 7. Clown by SwitchBladeSymphony
The sexiest girls...just not as sexxy as Johnette Napolitano.
- 6. Phantom Green by Agents of Oblivion
Dax is the best
- 5. Dead Skin Mask by Slayer
- 4. Vampire by pET sHOP bOYS
Killer classic Goth
- 3. Jerk off by Tool
Cause Maynard is God.
- 2. Pork by Killing Fetish
Hey, I hate cops too.
- 1. Scream of the Butterfly by Acid Bath
All time greatest emotional song...makes the feeling of hate intensify times ten.
- 10. Hold On by Wilson Phillips
Who can forget them? They had great voices, but they seemed a little like a mismatched set (which was evident later).
- 9. If You Go by Jon Secada
This is the song that piqued my interest in Latin music (well, that and Gloria Estefan..Conga, anyone?)
- 8. Strong Enough by Cher
After the comeback she made, she deserves a spot here. This song says it all! "Strong Enough...to live without you." Empowering song after breaking up.
- 7. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
Who hasn't identified with song?
- 6. Show Me Love by Robyn
"Show me love and what it's all about..." I heard that!
- 5. I Will Be Your Friend by Amy Grant
My best friend's and my "signature song." Reveals the true nature of friendship, that no matter what happens in life, friendship remains forever.
- 4. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Another favorite of mine. Ironic that this was the song that my ex-girlfriend and I were listening to the day before we broke up.
- 3. Where Does My Heart Beat Now by Celine Dion
One of the first songs of hers I ever heard by Celine, this is the song that hooked me to that voice of hers! She sure showed that she had the talent!
- 2. That's What Love is For by Amy Grant
Like #1, off of the Heart in Motion album, this one tied for first place. Poetic and slow, it is a very moving piece of music.
- 1. Every Heartbeat by Amy Grant
I just love this song! It is still one of my favorites!
I know there are a lot more songs out there that I should have added and didn't!
- 10. i hate the world and i want to die by Nirvana
hey, sxit happens
- 9. counterfeit by limp bizkit
good song for everyone in school..
- 8. superbeast by rob zombie
i have no real reason to pick this song, i jus like it
- 7. blind by korn
everyday life, man, everyday life....
- 6. wait and bleed by slipknot
no, i'm not stoned....
- 5. rock bottom by eminem
i jus want to say, everyone who chose vanilla ice, what were you thinking?
- 4. baby got back by sir mix a lot
it's a classic.....
- 3. the beautiful people by marilyn manson
in my mind, this song is everyday life
- 2. black hole sun by soundgarden
do i really have to say anything?
- 1. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
listen to the lyrics, nuff said
- 10. What if by Creed
Nice soft turning hard...
- 9. We will rock You by Queen
Nice fun song
- 8. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Very Good SOng - Amazin Lyrics
- 7. Another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd
We dont need no education.... Those lines echo in eternity
- 6. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Grunge is Good!
- 5. Enter Sandman by Metallica
I wuz there at Woodstock
- 4. Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden
Excellent song.... Amazing guitar
- 3. Road House Blues by Doors
When the doors of perception......
- 2. Night Train by Guns 'n Roses
Another good song by one of the greatest metallers
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song rules!!! Kurt Cobain Livz On!!!!
Sex, Drugs Rock 'n Roll Speed, Weed, Birth COntrol In the end were all going to die Fuck the world lets get high! Feel free to mail me at email@example.com Anyone wanting to talk about music is welcome...
- 10. She Thinks My Tractors Sexy/ I Like it, I love It by Kenny Chesney/ Tim McGraw
Works of sheer brilliance, "Over by the gate lordy here she comes, with a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea" .... "Spent $48 last night at the county fair, threw out my shoulder but I won her that Teddy Bear" Lyrical Poets, I'm telling ya.
- 9. Out of my Head by Fastball
Yup, I likey
- 8. When You Say Nothing at All by Ronan Keating
This song is beautiful... a single tear just rolled down my cheek. Quick, wipe it.
- 7. Home For a Rest by Spirit of the West
Pass me another beer, would ya.
- 6. Regulators by Warren G & Nate Dogg
Come on, you all know you like it.
- 5. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
"My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun"... 'Nuff said.
- 4. Long Black Veil by Dave Matthews Band
Alright, I know Dave didn't write it, but it is a damn good song (Can be substituted with Two Step by DMB if need be)
- 3. The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
Honorable Mention to Bittersweet Symphony
- 2. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
Very good song.
- 1. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
Spectacular piece of workmanship. No Dave, please, Crash into Me.
Okay, I actually wanted to put Dave Matthews in every spot because that man and his band are musical genius'. Plus he is dead sexy, and isn't that really what makes a good song, a hot singer, lol. And to all you freaks who think that Mambo #5, Spice Girls, Britney Spears, etc belong anywhere on these lists, why don't you go smoke some more crack.
By: Eliezer Martinez
- 10. All For Love by Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart
This went head to head with Everything I Do (also by Adams),but when you put three excellent singers together you end up with an even greater song
- 9. Enter The Sandman by Metallica
My favorite from their best album.
- 8. Even Flow by Pear Jam
Jeremy was great, but I liked this one more because it sounded more powerful.
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
It is a classic of the 90's the most famous Nirvana Song. Weird Al Made a great parody of this one.
- 6. Time by Hootie And The Blowfish
I Only Want To Be With You was a succes and had a video with Dan Marino, but I think this one was more song.
- 5. I'll Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf
The greatest comeback in rock history....until Santana
- 4. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
A rap song that went... #1? By a white singer? This song really was something.
- 3. The Sign by Ace Of Base
Six weeks #1 on Billboard charts. Do I need to say more?
- 2. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
This should have been #1, but too much air play can make you hate a good song.
- 1. I Dont Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
What can I say I'm a romantic. This is one of the best songs by Aerosmith
In my opinion this is a list of songs that represent the best of the 90's in diferent genres. I left out songs of bands like Green Day, Bush and other punk groups as well as techno and electronica mainly because they were not as mainstream or as popular like the other bands.
By: Laura Watkins
- 10. Just A Girl by No Doubt
So-cal punk goes mainstream
- 9. Sneaker Pimps by six underground
I've loved this song, since forever. But i never knew the title.
- 8. Oasis by Champagne Supernova
Well, this is the revival of brit pop since the beatles, i think.
- 7. Hit Me Baby.. One More Time by Brittney Spears
Yea.. pop. bleh.
- 6. Macerina by Los Del Rio
DUH macerina? EVERYONE Knows it! so what the song is annoying? its a worldwide trend
- 5. Fiona Apple by Criminal
revives pissed off chick rock, after the angry alanis morisette and inbetween calm sarah mclaughlin
- 4. Creep by Radiohead
Wow this song is just awesome
- 3. Born to Run by Bruce Springstein
well its number three, thats all i can say
- 2. Anarchy in the UK by Sex Pistols
this starts punk music
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
This MADE alternative music. Much better the smells like teen spirit which was made into pop
well well thats all i have to say, u can e-mail me CleverNerd@hotmail.com The end
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book