What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Zack Ellard
- 10. All Apologies by Nirvana
and #11 lithium-nirvana, #12 heart shaped box-nirvana...I'm sorry, but I loved Nirvana too much, they are a band in there own league, they were pioneers, and Kurt Cobain will was so unique as a person and a musician, that I don't anyone will ever top his three year run...ever
- 9. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Yeah, yeah alot of you don't remember it, but it was one of my favorite nineties song, the meaning was strong
- 8. Rooster by Alice In Chains
didn't see this one on too many lists, but it was big when it came out
- 7. In Bloom by Nirvana
Nirvana, could easily have 7 or 8 on this but that would be too biased, this was one of my favorite songs to play on the guitar, its catchy
- 6. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Another band I didn't listen to a whole lot but this was one of there best
- 5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
I didn't really listen to the band a whole lot, but I have to give them credit on this song, it was powerful
- 4. Come As You Are by Nirvana
my mother hated nirvana, but even she liked this song, plus it was the first song I ever learned on the guitar, a true classic
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
true life...the best a song can be
- 2. November Rain by Guns And Roses
one of the best ever
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
perfect timing, perfect band, perfect song...wheteher you want to admit it or not it defined the nineties and there are alot who agree
It was hard to pick, alot of great music came from the nineties, we will just have to wait and see what ones last forever
- 10. Words by Boyzone
- 9. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
- 8. Bohemian Like You by Dandy Warhols
- 7. She Wants To Move by Nerd
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 5. You Really Got Me by The Kinks
- 4. Against All Odds by Mariah Carey
- 3. Have A Nice Day by Stereophonics
- 2. Song 2 by Blur
- 1. With Or Without You by U2
its soo lovely and just sums up so much!
- 10. Novocaine For The Soul by Eels
- 9. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 8. Mister Jones by Counting Crows
- 7. Tomorrow by Silverchair
- 6. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 4. Wake Up by Mad Season
- 3. I Stay Away by Alice In Chains
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
grunge rocks :)
- 10. Sex and Candy by Marcey Playground
- 9. Breed by Nirvana
- 8. Breakfast At Tiffany by Deep Blue Somthing
- 7. Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet
- 6. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
- 5. Far Behind by Candlebox
- 4. Good by Better Than Ezra
- 3. Inside Out by Eve6
Come on, when this song goes on who won't fight to leave it on?
- 2. What I Got by Sublime
Smart Lyrics, Clever Rymes, R.I.S. Brad
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirt by Nirvana
Can't fight the spark, R.I.N. Durt
- 10. Lovely Cat by The Cure
- 9. Black God by My Dying Bride
- 8. Out Of Time by Blur
- 7. Piggy by Nine Inch Nails
- 6. Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers
- 5. Endlessly by Muse
- 4. Shinning Light by Ash
- 3. Dope Show by Marilyn Manson
- 2. Kid A by Radiohead
- 1. Let Down by Radiohead
- 10. Losing My Religion by Rem
This is a great band and a great song
- 9. Got The Life by Korn
- 8. Pennyroyal Tea by Nirvana
Both the record version and the unplugged version are fantastic because this song has a very simply tune but has great lyrics which has influenced todays garage band
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
Old school brit band really proved they were the real deal when the realsed this song, but fellas whats a wonderwall?
- 6. Prisinor Of Society by The Living End
The little Aussie band that recorded this are a fantastic group and anyone who listens to this song would agree that its a great song well deservant of 6th spot
- 5. Cemetery by Silverchair
One of the best acoustic songs in the 90's due to the fantastic lyrics and string ballads
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The songs guitar intro, i belive put its it into the top 10 and the lyrics and put it into the top 5
- 3. Longview by Green Day
One of two best punk songs ever, (the other being welcome to paradise,), Longview was Green Days first single and it had a very positive effect on 90's punk
- 2. Tommarrow by Silverchair
3 fourteen year olds wrote and recorded this song and i believe daniel johns has one of the best voices of the 90's
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song was song powerful and infulencial it doesnt need a coment
By: Brittany Kennedy
- 10. Real Love by Mary J. Blidge
- 9. Nothing Even Matters by Lauryn Hill
- 8. Bump N' Grind by R. Kelly
- 7. Keep ya head up by Tupac
REAL LIFE SITUATION
- 6. I aint mad at cha by Tupac
Really good song. Relates to real life R.I.P
- 5. Brenda Had a Baby by Tupac
Real life situation R.I.P.
- 4. One More Chance Remix by The Nortorious B.I.G
- 3. My Boo by Ghosttown DJs
- 2. Nice & Slow by Usher
Real classy, nice little slow song that is put to set u in the mood with ur girl or boy
- 1. NO NO NO Remix by Destinys Child
There were a lot of great artists in the 90s. TOO MANY to name. Some are even out today still writing an producing great music like Mary J. Blidge, P. Diddy, Usher ect etc etc. Keep up the Good Work
By: The X Factor
- 10. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
An awesome song. I love every part of it. Chris Cornell shows us how much he can really kick some ass.
- 9. I Stay Away by Alice In Chains
Better known for Man In The Box, Alice in Chains busted out this awesome tune, and is the sole reason why, at the time, I bought their greatest hits. Low and behold, that CD is now in my top 10 favorite CD I own.
- 8. Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward
The big summer hit of 1998. This is my favorite band of all time, and this is probably their biggest commercial hit. I can not save you.....I can't even save myself, so just save yourself.
- 7. The Dolphins Cry by Live
I heard this song in late '99 and I fell in love with it. I now own every Live CD, and even though I Alone and Lightning Crashes are also great songs, this one if my standout hit.
- 6. Hero by Chad Kroeger Featuring Josey Scott
How could this song not get nominated for a Oscar, let alone a Grammy. That was the year that I stopped watching any award shows. Nickelback and Saliva will now be on every big hit soundtrack from now on. Great, powerful song, that once you hear it, you will fall in love with it.
- 5. Gone Away by The Offspring
This is a song I don't get the meaning of. I don't know if it's actually a serious song or not. All I know, is out of all the Offspring CDs, this is my favorite Offspring song of the 90s(Want You Bad is my fave).
- 4. Comedown by Bush
- 3. The Chemicals Between Us by Bush
Gavin Rossdale is awesome. I love all of Bush's CD. It was a tossup between Comedown and The Chemicals Between Us for 3 and 4th. Both songs are awesome, and are played at least once a day to get me awake and going.
- 2. No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne
I very serious song, with one hell of an awesome guitar solo by Zakk Wylde. I cherish this CD, because it's the CD that got me into Ozzy/Sabbath. I love it.
- 1. What Do I Have To Do? by Stabbing Westward
The song that made them known by radio stations was this hit. A song about a band members past relationship, and how he tried to get her back, and after failing, on how he tried to get her out of his mind. I love it, and I know when you hear it, you'll love it as well.
I wish I could add more, but since there's only 10 spots, that's it. Third Eye Blind, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day would have add songs if I had a top 20, but, I don't.
- 10. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
- 9. Zombie by Cranberries
It was different but it made you want to sing it!!!
- 8. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Who couldnt relate to this one in high school?
- 7. She Talks to Angels by Black Crowes
The memories are all good with this one...
- 6. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
Stone Temple Pilots is original and keep it coming even after the 90s
- 5. Would? by Alice In Chains
Would'nt you agree?
- 4. You Outta Know by Alanis Morisette
Ultimate "I hate men" JAM!
- 3. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
rocked then, still rocks today!
- 2. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
Defined a style of music...
- 1. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
I love it! The year I was born whats better than that!
This was off the top of my head, I'm sure with time I would be more accurate! Oh well.. it was fun!!
By: Joe D
- 10. Santana by Smooth
With Rob Thomas, awesome!
- 9. Come Out And Play by The Offspring
It still rocks!
- 8. Dont Speak by No Doubt
Hey, I liked it, want to make something of it!
- 7. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
It was either this one or Creep, tough choice.
- 6. Little Things by Bush
I hate Bush, (the prez) but I love Bush the band!
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Still Red Hot after all these years!
- 4. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
This song always makes me stop and listen.
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
A Top Ten List without Nirvana is just wrong!
- 2. Losing My Religion by REM
This one stayed on top from summer to summer!
- 1. Lightning Crashes by Live
The lyrics, music and vocals blew me away when I first heard it and it still does.
This was fun!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book