What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Sharon Day
- 10. My Everything by 98 degrees
This is just a pretty Song
- 9. Water Runs Dry by Boys 2 Men
This song has got a nice beat and real words!
- 8. Faded by Soul Desicion
The song Rocks!!!
- 7. What's your fantasy? by Ludacrus
This is a cool song!!! Everybody has to love it!!
- 6. In the arms of Angels by Sarah McLachlan
This is a very pretty song!!
- 5. Angel by Shaggy
Just an awesome song!
- 4. I Wish by R. Kelly
This song has alot of meaning behind it!
- 3. Eminem by The way I am
I love the way he expresses himself in this song!
- 2. Thank You by Dido
this song is me 100%
- 1. Crazy by K-Ci and JoJo
I just love this song! It totally rocks
- 10. Nelly by Country grammer
u know that song on sesame street, well it sounds just like that. it is sick!!
- 9. Music by Madonna
- 8. Dont Tell Me by madonna
- 7. Aarons Party by Aaron Carter
again not from the 90's but a bloody good song!
- 6. Heaven is A Halfpipe by OPM
- 5. Stan by Eminem
it wasn't really a 90's song but it goes off anyways
- 4. Hey Leonardo by Blessid Union Of Souls
- 3. Shalalalala by Vengaboys
this song goes off!
- 2. Summer Girls by LFO
- 1. Glokenpop by Spiderbait!
this song has the hell good sound. especially on 3d effects!
By: ~~i have a lot of names~~
- 10. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
- 9. Love (flying Higher Remix) by UltraBeat
- 8. Sister by The Nixons
- 7. Say I by Creed
- 6. Duck and Run by 3 Doors Down
- 5. Ready, Set, Go by Caroline's Spine
- 4. Unlucky Ones by Admiral Twin
- 3. 33 white roses by Molly's Yes
I just LOOOOOOOVE local bands
- 2. Window by Out Of Eden
- 1. Bathwater by No Doubt
I could go on FOREVER...
By: Charlie Panayiotou
- 10. Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack
- 9. Coffee and TV by Blur
- 8. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
- 7. One Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morrisette
- 6. Losing My Religion by REM
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 4. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 2. Everybody Hurts by REM
- 1. Song 2 by Blur
By: terry smith
- 10. let her cry by hootie and the blowfish
- 9. crash by dave matthews
- 8. both hands by ani difranco
- 7. back to good by matchbox20
- 6. scar tissue by red hot chili peppers
- 5. creep by radiohead
- 4. glycerine by bush
- 3. bed of roses by bon jovi
- 2. november rain by guns and roses
- 1. satellite by dave matthews
- 10. the emperor's new clothes by sinead o'connor
- 9. still my sunshine by len ?
- 8. fly by sugar ray
- 7. freedom by george michael
- 6. back at one by brain mcknight
- 5. from this moment by shania twain
- 4. ironic by alanis moressette
- 3. the last day of our acquaintance by sinead o'connor
heart breaking& intense.
- 2. black boys on mopeds by sinead o'connor
- 1. nothing compares 2u by sinead o'connor
its my favorite song,i think its the best song ever performed.its just so beautiful,the voice & the lyrics.
By: Nina M.
- 10. Hero by Phil Collins
'He never wondered what was right or wrong / He just knew'
I haven't seen this song on a single top-ten list! I heard this a few times on the radio, back when I was in elementary school...I never heard it played again, but for some reason the lyrics stuck to me. I later discovered the artist and title through online searches.
- 9. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
'Believe in me like I believed in you...'
You can only have an appreciation for this song once you have run through a wet, grassy field in the night to get to the one you love. I don't know why I just said that...that's what this song reminds me of.
- 8. Silent All These Years by Tori Amos
'It's your turn now to stand where I stand'
This is a truly haunting song, but therein lies its beauty
- 7. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
'I'm a sinner, I'm a saint / I do not feel ashamed!'
If I wasn't a girl, I probably wouldn't like this song that much, much less understand it. This is the ultimate feminist song, and I can't imagine anything ever topping it.
- 6. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
'We all want something meaningful...'
Even after all the radioplay, even after everyone I knew had this CD, even after all these years, I have found this song to hold an incredible lasting power, both in lyric and melody
- 5. Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Conner
'Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling...'
Get some candles, find the pictures of your ex, and belt this song when you're in your room alone and lonely in the night
- 4. Freefalling by Tom Petty
'And all the good girls were home with broken hearts'
A classic tune, the kind of song that makes you get on the highway and roll down your windows and sing along
- 3. One by U2
'You gave me nothing now that's all I got'
U2 is a collection of powerful and talented musicians who seem to be one of the few constants in the ever-changing world of music
- 2. End of the Road by Boyz II Men
'Each time I try I just break down and cry'
The perfect breakup song, the perfect goodbye song, the perfect song with which to move on...
- 1. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
'Bittersweet memories are all I'm taking with me'
If you don't already love this song, get out there and rent the movie "The Bodyguard"
I spent an entire week compiling this list. I read every single list (did I? yeah just about!) and, much to my delight, rediscovered songs I had 'forgotten.' Thank you to everyone who can remember songs from before Britney or *NSync (it wasn't that long ago at all, people).
Honorable song mentions: 'Sick of Myself' (Matthew Sweet)
'Crash Into Me' (DMB)
'Torn' (Natalie Imbruglia)
'Pinch Me' (Barenaked Ladies)
'Rockabye' (Shawn Mullins)
'Breakfast at Tiffany's' (Deep Blue Something)
'Everybody Hurts' (R.E.M.)
'Why' (Annie Lennox)
'6th Avenue Heartache' (Wallflowers)
'Kind and Generous' (Natalie Merchant)
'Nothing Man' (Pearl Jam)
'No More I Love You's' (Annie Lennox)
By: Dan Cappetta
- 10. Nothin But A G Thang by Dr. Dre feat. Snoop
Took the first major step of taking rap into the commercial market.
- 9. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 8. Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 7. What I Got by Sublime
Blazed a trail in the fusion of hip hop and rock and/or roll.
- 6. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Song that defined Pearl Jam's early sound.
- 4. Crossroads by Bone Thugs -n- Harmony
Enjoyed huge commercial success and was artistically innovative.
- 3. Crash by The Dave Matthews Band
Dave is the man.
- 2. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
Not a personal favorite, but had a tremendous impact when released.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Set the tone for an entire decade of rock.
It's 7:30 AM...I'm going to bed. Goodnight and godspeed.
By: aaron craft
- 10. Good Riddance(time of your life) by Green Day
Great song love the band
- 9. Soul Asylum by Runaway Train
- 8. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkims
the greatest song by the Pumpkins
- 7. Nirvana by (tie)Come as you Are and Lithium
CAn't gine these guys 3 spots but one of the greatest bands of all time
- 6. WHOLE CORE CD by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg
- 4. Nirvana by Smells Like Teen Spirit
What CAn I say? its just good ole' Nirvana music
- 3. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. Fuel by Shimmer
SUNBURN is perhaps the best album of the late 90's
- 1. Alive by Pearl Jam
best song ever by any band in this world
any song by Dr. Dre and STP and PEarl Jam are all good
By: Jake Plum
- 10. Wrong Way by Sublime
- 9. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
- 8. Sabotage by Beasties Boys
- 7. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 6. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 5. Same In The End by Sublime
Listen to their self-titled CD!!!!! He's Awesome!
- 4. Cooking Wine by Alkaline Trio
- 3. Hey Sergio by Catch 22
- 2. Sitting Duck by No Use For A Name
- 1. Alkaline Trio by Goodbye Forever
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book