What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera
- 9. Everything you Want by Vertical Horizon
- 8. To The Moon and Back by Savage Garden
- 7. Still In Love With You by New Edition
- 6. Alive by Edwin
- 5. All ABout Me by Mya
- 4. California Love by Tupac
- 3. The Verve by Bitter Sweet Symphony
- 2. I Believe by Jai
- 1. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
- 10. Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi
I think thi may be more of a 80s song, but i love it so much and it is so sweet and so near early 90s that I had to include
- 9. Wild NIghts by John Melloncamp
A nice new version of an old song...very catchy, and song great voices.
- 8. Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leopard
A boarder line 80's-90's song...makes you want to party.
- 7. Lighting Crashes by Live
It's just peaceful.
- 6. Big Butts by Sir Mix Alot
haha..everyone has sung this song.
- 5. Don't Wanna miss a Thing by Aerosmith
A great new song for an all time fabulous band!!! A great new hit for them.
- 4. Nirvana by Smells Like Teen Spirt
This is just a great song by a great band.
- 3. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Whether you want to admit it or not we all liked this song at some time.
- 2. Brain Stew by Green Day
excellent cruising song of the 90s.
- 1. Jump Around by House of Pain
everyone knows this song and has in some way danced to it, plain and simple.
These are some good songs, but there are so many other songs out there other than this.
By: Jason Wasmer
- 10. Glycerine by Bush
- 9. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
My Favorite Pearl Jam song.
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Higher by Creed
Best Rock song in 99.
- 6. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 4. November Rain by Guns n' Roses
It's a sweet song.
- 3. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
One of the best videos ever!!
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The Best song out of the 90's.
We all have to agree that the music of the late 90's sucks. We need some real rock bands to emerage.
By: Ian Taylor
- 10. Freak On A Leash by Korn
Surely, the best American band a the moment and this shows why
- 9. Distant Sun by Crowded House
Not as good as Don't Dream It's Over but still it's class
- 8. Slight Return by The Bluetones
Good song, but they haven't really followed it up with anything
- 7. Come As You Are by Nirvana
The best song from the nevermind album
- 6. Heal The World by Michael Jackson
This song really touches my heart
- 5. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
The Bohemian Rhapsody of the 90s. When I first heard it, it really blew me away
- 4. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
By far Oasis' best song and the guitaring is just brilliant
- 3. The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
This song proved that the Verve were one of the best band of the 90s
- 2. There She Goes by The LAs
Pure pop perfection
- 1. A Design For Life by Manic Street Preachers
This song truly rocks and is one of the best of all time
By: Scott Hullender
- 10. How Soon Is Now by The Smiths
OK, You caught me. I got this one from the TV theme for Charmed. The song's a lot better than the show. I will give "The Smiths" a listen. I'll try Morrissey's stuff too. I like his sound but he's depressing. I know its not cool to be happy. Sorry.
- 9. When I Go Out with Artists by Crash Test Dummies
"God Shuffled His Feet" is a classic. This band has lots of good albums. A rarity these days.
- 8. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
The entire CD is rocks. This band sets itself apart from all of the one or two hit bands out there.
- 7. Mary Sunshine Rain by dada
"Puzzle" is one of my favorite CDs ever. I quit buying their CDs after hearing the following CD. I can't remember the name, but I hated it. If they have any new music like "Puzzle" let me know"
- 6. Lullaby by Shawn Mullins
I guess I'll never see Shawn Mullins and Matthew Kahler at Eddie's Attic again doing "The sky's the Limit" or "Money Machine". Its weird to see a nobody become famous before your eyes. You were always somebody to us down in Atlanta, Shawn.
- 5. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
I guess this makes me a "PoP JunKie" but this is the only good song on the CD. If you like their harder stuff you'll like the CD more than I did.
- 4. Curiosity Shoppe by Freak Show
I don't know who they are or where their from but their CD "Freaks, Relics, & Heirlooms is one of my favorites and has been for years.
- 3. Jenny Says by Coyboy Mouth
Great live band. I'm not into southern rock so I wasn't looking forward to seeing this band. I'm glad my friend talked me into going.
- 2. The Impression That I Get by Mighty Mighty Bostones
Great Live Band. This songs strikes me differnently everytime I hear it. Its an enigma, or at least, that's the impression that I get.
- 1. Two Step (If I must choose one) by Dave Matthews Band
Great Live Band. The evolution of music has led this band. I don't have words eloquent enough to properly describe them, so I won't try.
I'd Like to mention "REM" and "Stone Roses". If this were a listing of the top 10 bands, then both bands would be in the top 5. Of course, "The Dave Matthews Band" would be number 1.
By: Ask and I will tell
- 10. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
Great dance song by the British rebel group. I get knocked down, but I get up again!
- 9. You Were Meant For Me by Jewel
Beautiful song, doesn't make sense at first. Listen to it, you'll understand what she's saying.
- 8. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
Great, fun party song, just like any other song by this band!
- 7. I Don't Want to Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
Great rock song on a symphonic scale, perfect for Armageddon, and one ofthe most powerful songs I've ever heard.
- 6. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Wonderful song from a wonderful movie!
- 5. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Really good song, although I don't like the group.
- 4. Time of Your Life by Green Day
Probably the most memorable song of our time, written by a group known more for it's punk-rock songs than this brand of bittersweet, tear-jerking songs.
- 3. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
One of the best love songs ever written, with great lyrics, and great singers, too!
- 2. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Breathtaking, heartfelt song. This song plays a vital role in my life, beacuase of this one girl I know who I have a major crush on.
- 1. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
Absolutely beautiful song, this girl has major talent and will have many more hits in hre future!
- 10. Song 2 by Blur
- 9. Back That Azz Up by Juvinille
- 8. Forgot About Dre. by Dr. Dre f/ Eminem
- 7. Faith by Limp Bizkit
- 6. What's My Name by DMX
- 5. Just a Girl by No Doubt
- 4. Higher by Creed
- 3. All the Small Things by Blink-182
- 2. Big Pimpin' by Jay-z a.k.a. S. Charter
'Cause I'm Big Pimpin' spending cheese
- 1. Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine
By: Mike Schubert
- 10. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
This was a great song in it's day and it still is today.
- 9. The Impression That I Get by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
My all-time favorite band's hit from their album, "Let's Face It".
- 8. Every New Day by Five Iron Frenzy
This is probably one of the most uplifting songs I've ever heard. Go to FiveIronFrenzy.com to download a clip and see for yourself.
- 7. Virtual insanity by Jamiroquoi
I dont really know why, but when I heard this song for the first time, it just clicked.
- 6. Southtown by P.O.D.
Christian rock at it's best. Nuff said
- 5. Summertime by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
This song not only captures summertime in Philly, but all over the country.
- 4. Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls by TLC
This song has a great underlying meaning.
- 3. Jump Around by House of Pain
I just love this song and Its one of the best rap songs ever, in my opinion.
- 2. Water Runs Dry by Boys II Men
Whether you like it or not, they were one of the best, quote unquote "boy bands" of the 90's.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
oNE OF THE BEST, MOST PLAYED, AND PROBABLY MOST COPIED SONG OF THE 90'S
I didn't mention a lot of really bands cuz' they didn't make the cut, but i'll name some: Supertones, Korn, MXPX, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk, Sonic Flood, Steven Curtis Chapman, The Insyderz, Project 86, and the Gospel Gangsters.
By: Child Of Destiny
- 10. Have You Ever Loved a Woman by Bryan Adams
Much as I don't want to admit I listen to Bryan Adams, I love this song - since it is such a beautiful song about the most ideal kind of romantic love.
- 9. Mambo Swing by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
The best neo-swing band to come out of the woodworks during the 90's swing revival - Scotty Morris proves himself to be a talented and wonderful songwriter - especially in this spicy beat-filled jumper! The entire album, self-titled, "Big Bad Voodoo Daddy" is a fun party album, with its better than life horns, bass, piano and dreamy vocals.
- 8. Supernatural by dc Talk
This ENTIRE album is great. Dive, Consume Me, Fearless, Godsend, The Truth, and the title song, Supernatural; are all incredibly written, well performed songs. Also worth taking a look is "Jesus Freak", an earlier album.
- 7. Ozone / Bittersweet / Sunburn / Hideaway by Fuel
One of the best new bands to come out during the late 90s, Fuel is quickly turning itself into a blockbuster status band! You've probably heard "Shimmer"... but they can rock a lot harder than that! Check their album "Sunburn" (1998) out for a fresh look at alternative rock as it was meant to be played. If you like Fuel and have exhausted all their albums, check out the band Filter.
- 6. Intermittently / I'll Be That Girl / In the Car by Barenaked Ladies
Although most americans are acquainted with canadian-based BNL through "One Week", their other songs are well worth looking into, especially their ballads, which are few and in between, but OH, so worth it.
- 5. Beautiful Disaster / Flowing by 311
Homegrown Nebraskans - these guys will take over the world someday, if Bush doesn't do it first! Gotta love their reggae/rap sound!
- 4. The Chemicals Between Us / Everything Zen by Bush
A rocking compilation - I couldn't choose between the two... both are driving songs that you turn up as loud as you can, yell to, and speed with! After all, "there's no sex in your violence"!
- 3. Texarkana / Near Wild Heaven by R.E.M.
Both of these are great - their CD "Automatic for the People" is their critically loved album, but "Out of Time" is my favorite REM CD ever! Not a skip-able track on there!
- 2. Stacked Actors / Everlong by Foo Fighters
Clearly an alternative favorite, everything stopped for me when I first heard "Everlong"... and Stacked Actors is a good one when you want something fast and great to wake you up.
- 1. Crush / Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
Crush is a very sexy, wonderful love song. This is the song that made me fa completely in love with the Dave Matthews Band, although their previous hits were decent as well! Two Step is one you've got to hear to believe, it's that good. DMB is fantastically talented - and their sound varies from album to album... you can always find one to fit your mood!
There are so many terrific 90s bands out there - and I'd like to take this time to discount all that cutesy bubble-gum pop crap. Alternative rock is the way to go. If you're lookingfor something to download, or just something great, grab my list and hit Napster, people!
- 10. Peaches by Presidents of the United States of America
I love all the songs by these guys, but this song is hilarious.
- 9. Just a Girl by No Doubt
I love how this song talks about men not letting girls do the things they want to
- 8. Breakdown by Mariah Carey
This is one of her darker songs. It's about being depressed because your boyfriend broke up with you, and trying not to show the world that you're upset
- 7. Criminal by Fiona Apple
This song is so cool. I love the message it has, about being sorry that you hurt someone
- 6. From This Moment On by Shania Twain
I'm a huge fan of Shania, and I always sing to this song. I love singing high in the line "My dreams...came true...because...of you"
- 5. Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base
I really like this song, I don't know why...
- 4. I'm the Only One by Melissa Etheridge
I just love this song...it reminds me of how I feel about the guy I like, especially the part that goes "I'm the only one who drowns in my desire for you"
- 3. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Nobody can forget this one...pop anthem of the early 90s
- 2. Father of Mine by Everclear
Everclear has a lot of great songs, but this one is my favorite. It's very meaningful.
- 1. Barbie Girl by Aqua
This song was considered cool one day and stupid the next...but I love the video for it.
Close cuts were It's Gotta Be You by Backstreet Boys, Motown Philly by Boyz 2 Men, and Baby One More Time by Britney Spears.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book