What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Trent Chau
- 10. Higher by Creed
The most downloaded song of the 1999 has the right to be on this list, good lyrics, good feel, very very nice girls.
- 9. Any Korn Song by Korn
I hate corn, they suck, but they are one of the more prominent band of the late 90's.
- 8. Special by Garbage
Who can deny the adorable cute but evil Shirley Manson?
- 7. Tranceport by Paul Oakenfold
The Whole Cd is one big set, and Oakenfold is the EXTREME DJ of the century. If you are in the Rave scene, you have to know about Oakenfold and Perfecto Records.
- 6. I'll be Missing you by Puff Daddy
I'm far from a Rap or R+B fan, but few can challenge the emotion Puff Daddy showed after the death of NBIG.
- 5. Return to Innocence by Enigma
A part of the Trance like phase the beginning of this year. Includes the likes of Deep Forest, Enya, and all that wonderful sound.
- 4. Plowed by Sponge
Having one of the coolest guitar rifts in a song, Sponge's "Plowed" is the only song other than "16 Candles" worth a immediate buy of the Rotting Pinata Cd (the other songs are okay)
- 3. The Distance by Cake
Who hasn't heard this song? Who cannot relate to this song.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
There are issues that Kurt was sick and tired of playing this song so much. Can't blame him, it was the song that made the GRUNGE movement.
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Few Words can explain the artistic and emotional value that this song has on our 90's populace.
There's a lot of bands that should be on this list, Sound Garden and STP. Alas though I'm at work and forgot half the song na,es. Any Korn fans, I believe myself, Deftones is better.
By: Alex Preiss
- 10. All Over You by Live
- 9. Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 8. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
- 6. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 4. Walkin' on the Sun by Smash Mouth
- 3. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
- 2. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The best song of the 90's by far
- 10. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 9. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 8. One by Creed
- 7. Shimmer by Fuel
- 6. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Plowed by Sponge
- 4. The Way by Fastball
Anyone else remember this song?
- 3. One of Us by Joan Osbourne
- 2. Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin
- 1. November Rain by Guns 'N Roses
Lightning Crashes - Live, I'll Stick Around and Everlong - Foo Fighters, Plush and Interstate Love Song - STP, Come As You Are, Lithium, and Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana, Alive, Jeremy, and Black - Pearl Jam, Amazed - The Offspring
- 10. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
it's so pretty and i love the move titanic
- 9. Zoot Suit Riot by Cherry Poppin Daddies
We played this song for a band concert.
- 8. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
I love this song. It reminds me of my boyfriend.
- 7. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Huston
Whitney's a legend
- 6. FreaK On A Leash by Korn
I love korn
- 5. Chemicals Between Us by Bush
Gavin Rosdale is hot and the song is cool.
- 4. What's My Age Again by Blink 182
Its so funny
- 3. Its All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion
She has the prettiest voice. I love the song.
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
I love Metallica
- 1. Don't Speak by No Doubt
No Doubt is the coolest band, Gwen is so unique
By: Paul Ayre
- 10. The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
This song didn't get as much attention as it should have, its a very lively up-beat song, kinda sucks that it's stuck down here at number ten
- 9. Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
Love him or hate him, this song is great, great rhythm and beat, think past his fake breasts :)
- 8. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
This is really hard, yet another toss up between this song and "Today", both excellent songs
- 7. Faith by Limp Bizkit
A great remix of Wham's classic, I first thought Limp Bizkit had butchered a classic, but its insane screaming grows on you and becomes kinda funny :)
- 6. Shimmer by Fuel
I personally prefer "Sunburn" but "Shimmer" was also a great song that almost everyone new, its kind of a toss up, hence I put both
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Very inspirational song, considering its about the first time he did drugs
- 4. You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
I have no idea how old this song is but it is one of the best rock songs of all time.
- 3. Half A World Away by REM
Superb song by some of the greatest artists alive, another toss up with "Losing My Religion"
- 2. The World I Know by Collective Soul
Another brilliant song, I would have included "Wasting Time" as well, but I have decided one song per artist and this is their best.
- 1. Out Of My Head by Fast Ball
Possibly one of the greatest songs of ALL time. SOng that never gets old and has so much feeling if you play it as loud as your speakers will allow. Their song "The Way" was great as well
Despite the fact I gave Fastball the number one spot, I still think Collective Soul are the best band I know of, I just love that song by Fast Ball.
- 10. Vanilla Ice by Ninja Rap
All I gotta say is "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go. Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go Ninja."
- 9. Vanilla Ice by Ice Ice Baby
Again!!! Cause it's fun cruising around the city playing this song.
- 8. Digable Planets by Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
I'm cool like dat, I'm cool like dat.
- 7. Young MC by Bust A Move
where are you Young MC so we can Bust A Move like the good ol' days?
- 6. LL Cool J by Mama Said Knock You Out
"LL Cool J is hard as hell" in this classic song.
- 5. Kris Kross by Jump
They were the bad little fad that everyone had to love.
- 4. Digital Underground by Humpty Dance
"I once got down in a Burger King bathroom" is a classic
- 3. Tag Team by Whoomp! There It Is!
I cant get enough of this song.
- 2. Bobby Brown by Humpin Around
Humping around is pretty fun!!
- 1. Sir Mix A Lot by Baby Got Back
I like BIG BUTTS and I cannot lie!!!!!
Here my list hope y'all love it as much as i do!
By: The Fat Contributor
- 10. Go West by The Pet Shop Boys
(This was in 1990, wasn't it? Or was it late 80's?) More or less everyone I know detests this song now, but I can't imagine why...
- 9. Blame it on the Weatherman by B*witched
I am the weatherman.
- 8. C U When U Get There by Coolio
It's remarkable how that bit of classical music (I think it's Mozart) blends in with the song. It gives it something that makes it incredibly fascinating to me.
- 7. Bella Stella by Highland
Eerily haunting yet comforting. Almost classical.
- 6. Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega
Fancy that, a German (yes, Lou Bega's from Germany, from Munich) becoming popular outside Germany. You don't get that particularly often.
- 5. One of Us by Joan Osborne
I think God is neither one of us, nor a stranger on the bus, but I'm still fairly fond of this song.
- 4. Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis
When I first heard this, I thought it's some reproduced choral singing from medieval times, and I was hugely impressed when such a tremendous piece of music was composed by just one person. Just amazing.
- 3. Das Boot by U96
If you weren't in Germany in the early 90's, you won't know this, the greatest techno song ever produced.
- 2. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
This must certainly be one of the most beautiful and insightful songs of the 90s. It's just a haunting song you can't get otu of your mind.
- 1. Three Lions '96 by Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds
It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, football's coming home! If you're American, I s'pose you won't be too well acquainted with this song, but it's the anthem of English football (the sport you people call 'soccer'), in a way.
- 10. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
it's so catchy...
- 9. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Jeremy's spoken, spoken
- 8. One Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morisette
- 7. Spider Webs by No Doubt
No Doubt is awesome and this song makes me wanna start singing
- 6. Time of your life by Green Day
I love Green Days old stuff but it was cool hearing a softer side
- 5. Larger Than Life by Backstreet Boys
Even my 3 year old cousin couldn't get enough of it.
- 4. Celebrity Skin by Hole
- 3. Happy Phantom by Tori Amos
tori is great although some people haven't heard of her. this song is on her cd Little earthquakes.
- 2. Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks
the dixie chicks have some really great songs, especially this one
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
Nirvana is the best band of the 90's by far, in my opinion. nuf said
I have a very diverse taste in music. I like just about anything.
- 10. Freshman by The Verve
- 9. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 8. Crucify by Tori Amos
- 7. Man on the Moon by REM
- 6. Mad About You by Sting
- 5. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette
- 4. Silent All These Years by Tori Amos
- 3. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 2. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 1. Losing My Religion by REM
- 10. Opps, I Did It Again! by Brittney Spears
- 9. Man! I Feel Like A Woman! by Shania Twain
Oooooooooooh yeah! and i 4got this song! Man! I feel like a woman!
- 8. Limp Bizkit by Nookie
This is a pretty cool song.
- 7. Freak It by Will Smith
This song is one of my favorites too!
- 6. Girls Best Friend by Jay-Z
This is the best song!
- 5. Mambo #5 by Lu Bega
I like this song.
- 4. From This Moment On by Shania Twain
This is one of my favorites. It's all about her parents dieing when she was a baby and now she doesn't know what to do without them! This is very sad.
- 3. There You Go by Pink
I like this song cause it's all about when your boyfriend/girlfriend cheat on you with someone else.
- 2. Thank God I Found You by Mariah Carey
This song reminds me of my boyfriend Chris! Cause I'am so happy I found him cause I love him so much! :)
- 1. Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C
This song is great because it is saying that we will still be friends forever once we graduate from school!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book