What are your top ten favorite albums from the 90s?
- 10. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
One of her best.
- 9. Devil Without A Cause by Kid Rock
Good CD,saw him in concert in Texas and he rocked the place.
- 8. Rythm-al-ism by DJ Quik
The overall CD is good, saw him in Albuquerque too.
- 7. Hustle Town by South Park Mexican
bought the CD at his concert in Albuquerque.
- 6. Significant Other by Limp Bizkit
- 5. The Writings On The Wall by Destiny's Child
I've seen these girls in concert, they are good and Beyonce is fine.
- 4. Chronic 2001 by Dr.Dre
A party CD.
- 3. East 1999 by Bone thugs n harmony
The best album by Bone. I've Seen Krayzie Bone in concert.
- 2. Mya by Mya
Lots of good songs.
- 1. Gettin It (album number ten) by Too $hort
Has to be one of the best albums ever.
By: Blake Gibbs
- 10. Melon Collie & the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
Deserves to be higher probably, but it's my 10th favorite cd of the 90's...not too shabby.
- 9. Short Bus by Filter
Most people have heard "Hey Man, Nice Shot", but the rest of the first Filter album rocks just as hard!!!
- 8. Throwing Copper by Live
Enchanting rock that will grow "all over you"!!!!!!
- 7. Pearl Jam by Ten
One of the best albums ever. Would have been higher, but there are other great albums of 90's.....tough choice.
- 6. The Ozzman Cometh by Ozzy Osbourne
Another greatest hits cd released in the 90's. Ozzy rules!! "Just Want You" is one of my favoite songs of all time, and the rest of the album is kick ass too!!!
- 5. Cross Road by Bon Jovi
This greatest hits album is exactly that. Almost every track is one that will grow on you and you won'y ever tire of listening to this whole album!!
- 4. In Utero by Nirvana
Almost as good as Nevermind. Cobain was a musical genious.
- 3. Nevermind by Nirvana
Everyone else loves this album, and I agree. All of the post-Nirvana rock bands owe something to the band that changed music forever.
- 2. Rage Against the Machine by Rage Against the Machine
Their first ablum, this the the best pump-up album ever. Every song is hard hitting and Killing in the Name still rules!!!
- 1. AEnima by Tool
When I paid $15 for this cd, I had no idea it would be my favorite cd of all time!!! The variety of sounds Maynard uses is awesome!!! Everyone has heard "Stinkfest", but that is probably my least favorite song on the whole CD! IT JUST ROCKS!!!!!
There were so many great bands last decade. It is really hard to pin down a top 10......I just hope TOOL will come out with another CD soon!!!
By: samir chandra
- 10. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by Wu-Tang Clan
- 9. Dookie by Green Day
- 8. The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
- 7. The Miseducation of Laurn Hill by Laurn Hill
- 6. Significant Other by Limp Bizkit
- 5. Ten by Pearl Jam
- 4. BloodSugarSexMagik by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 3. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. The Chronic by Dr. Dre
- 1. OK computer by Radiohead
By: Chris Demaria
- 10. Sublime by Sublime
Good stuff here.
- 9. dunno what the albums called by Living End
The one with save the day, all torn town, prisoner of society, etc. These guys rock, plain and simple.
- 8. Throwing Copper by Live
Deep, meaningful, and just awesome.
- 7. Dookie by Green Day
First punk album that just became huge?? I dunno, but it rocks.
- 6. Ten by Pearl Jam
Read all the other expl,anations, this one seems to turn up a lot on these lists.
- 5. Hang Ups by Goldfinger
Great punk/ska combination, where every song is a good one.
- 4. Pinkerton by Weezer
Good second effort, can't touch their first album, but then what can? Some good tunes on here though.
- 3. Smash by Offspring
- 2. Melancholie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
Muzzle, 1979, Bullet w/Butterfly Wings...a kickass album.
- 1. Weezer by Weezer
Perfection. Every song. The 3 singles may be 3 of the worst songs (or they may not be). Only In Dreams is the best song of the 90's. Give this one a listen people.
- 10. between the bridges by sloan
best canadian band ive ever heard. they can be punky and 70s rock in the same album....its great! they harmonize well...just like weezer...
- 9. blind melon by blind melon
shannon had a wonderful voice. this was the first album i ever bought! nico is also a great album (its basically a tribute to shannon) no rain was the single off of it. you have to hear this album!
- 8. blood sugar sex magik by red hot chilli peppers
under the bridge and the others are intense and greatly kool. i admire them
- 7. anything by rancid
again, this isnt the name of an album rancid is one of the best punk bands. they continue to rock my world. i love tim armstrong!
- 6. weezer by weezer
i LOVE every song. only in dreams is my favorite. rivers comes off as a teddy bear, but if you pay attention, hes not really a nice guy... but i love him anyways. the album is one of the best ive ever heard!
- 5. galore by the cure
a collection of their greatest hits. this 80's band was and is super kool
- 4. the bends by radiohead
radiohead is another amazing band (im running out of adjectives) thom yorke's voice can be intense, sensitive, and enigmatic all at the same time the lyrics are beautiful (in their own weird way)
- 3. anything by bjork
well, obviously this isnt an album, but bjork is also a genius. she has an eerie, etheral, and funky voice. her music has electronic elements in it that i love
- 2. nevermind by nirvana
probably the best of the grunge "era". nirvana touched me in a way ive never felt before. the energy, lyrics, and music is completely amazing. Kurt was a genius and a rock god
- 1. 40 oz to freedom by sublime
An absolute "indie cult classic" Their best. Every song is awesome. Well put together and rockin
here are some other albums i LOVE: beacon street collection by no doubt turn the radio off by reel big fish mtv unplugged by nirvana baduizm by erykah badu the chemical brothers are awesome the exit sign bandits...strike again by the exit sign bandits tidal by fiona apple the new transistor heroes by bis odelay, mutations, and midnite vultures by BECK (hes a god!)
By: Rocket Roger Hood
- 10. Mellow Gold by Beck
- 9. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road by Lucinda Williams
- 8. Chocolate and Cheese by Ween
- 7. XO by Elliot Smith
- 6. Achtung Baby by U2
Only one album has bigger balls than Achtung.
- 5. No Code by Pearl Jam
Forget about Ten and Vs.
- 4. Perfect From Now On by Built to Spill
Guitar rock of an epic scale.
- 3. In Utero by Nirvana
No album has such big balls.
- 2. Automatic for the People by REM
Think about it, how brilliant is it to release your slowest album during the heart of 'grunge'.
- 1. Nevermind by Nirvana
The most important rock album of the last 20 years. And if anybody includes Nevermind with Limp Bizkit, G&R, Metallica, Creed or Silverchair you really don't understand what that signifigance is.
Honorable mention to the Pixies-Bossanova, Pavement-any, Sonic Youth-Experimental Jet Set Trash and No Star, Liz Phair-Exile in Guyville, Built to Spill-Keep it Like a Secret, PJ Harvey-To Bring You My Love and Slint-Spiderland. For Shits and Giggles you should check out my top albums of the 80's.
- 10. Then 1 & 2 by Various Artists
Both are great 80's & early '90's compilation albums. Everything from HotHouse Flowers to Maestro freah Wes to Jesus Jones to En Vogue & more
- 9. Now 1-3 by Various Artists
The first 3 albums are cool; the last 2 suck
- 8. Big Shiny Tunes 1-4 by Various Artists
A set of compilations albums put out by Canada's Much Music over the past 4 years. Artists include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bran Van 3000, Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Orgy & more
- 7. Running With Scissors by Weird Al Yankovic
another great album from the "King of Parodies"
- 6. Savage Garden by Savage Garden
A good Debut album whose popularity grew due to Rosie O'Donell
- 5. Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette
A great album from a fellow Canadian
- 4. Jewel by Marcella Detroit (Levy)
An excellent solo album from former Shakespears Sister vocalist (and co-writer of Eric Clapton's "Lay Down Sally")
- 3. Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt
a great album
- 2. Ray of Light by Madonna
Her best work to date. well now that "Music" is out, & I'm getting to know the songs better...
- 1. Hormonally Yours by Shakespears Sister
Most have heard both Stay & I Don't Care but the whole album kicks *ss!!!!
#'s 8, 9 & 10 may have only been released in Canada
By: Sara Carnes
- 10. Amused to Death by Roger Waters
- 9. Eye by Robyn Hitchcock
- 8. Shahen Shah by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- 7. Acts of Senseless Beauty by Nurse with Wound
The best ambient CD of all time. Really.
- 6. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
An almost perfect sonic trip.
- 5. Richard D. James Album by Aphex Twin
- 4. From Here You'll Watch the World Go By by The Legendary Pink Dots
The best psychedelic prog CD of the decade.
- 3. Hydrogen Jukebox by Philip Glass & Allen Ginsberg
A very challenging listen.
- 2. Magic and Loss by Lou Reed
The most compelling album about cancer and death ever recorded. Really.
- 1. The Black Rider by Tom Waits
It's Waits at his most raw and weird, and William Burroughs even makes an appearance for good measure.
- 10. Supernatural by Santana
A great mix of styles.
- 9. The Chronic by Dr. Dre
First to make classic rap album. Never gets old.
- 8. Days of the New by Days of the New
All acoustic. Great vocals, new and fresh
- 7. Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden
Hard rocking, massive vocals.
- 6. Dirt by Alice In Chains
Grunge at its best. Loud thrashing guitars and clever lyrics.
- 5. Human Clay by Creed
New, but already becoming a classic. Will be listened to for years.
- 4. Ten by Pearl Jam
Not heavy, but a magnificent collection of great songs.
- 3. Metallica by Metallica
Good from start to finish, excellent recording.
- 2. Nevermind by Nirvana
Will rock forever, a masterpiece of rock music;key power to the grunge era.
- 1. Superunknown by Soundgarden
Nothing can describe this. Simply an amazing album. Layers of guitar and rhythmic excellence behind one of the best voices in music.
Other notables:Matchbox Twenty,Yourself or Someone Like You Rage Agaist the Machine,Rage Against the Machine 2pac,All Eyes on Me Stone Temple Pilots,Core Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magik Pantera,Vulgar Display of Power Nine Inch Nails,The Downward Spiral Ice Cube,Predator No Doubt,Tragic Kingdom Notorious BIG,Life after Death Live,Throwing Copper
By: Mrs. Axl rose
- 10. star4 by Stone Temple Pilots
- 9. All of his albums rock by Tom Petty
This guy just rocks.
- 8. Operation ivy by Operation ivy
great punk band.
- 7. Nothing compares to u by Sinead o' Connor
- 6. shes lump by Presidents of the United states
A fun album.
- 5. A-tracks by Soundgarden
very melodic and beautiful
- 4. ten by Pearl Jam
Again, i'm going along with something from the grunge years *sighs* grunge died out much too quickly
- 3. SAP by Alice in chains
It had only four tracks on it, but the acoustics was great
- 2. The spahghettie incindent by guns n roses
Guns n roses is just a beautiful band. Axl rocks.
- 1. unplugged in newyork by Nirvana
This is just self explanatory.
Guns n roses should make a comeback!!!! So should grunge. Hair bands and grunge 4-ever.
Previous List or Next List
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 70s and 80s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book